Valued Contributor

What a nice relaxing fall show with Jayne and Valerie. I was very impressed, as always, with the camera work when Marianne (spelling?) is running the camera and showing us exactly what we, as buyers, want to see. She gets great close ups and is right on cue with what they want to show and talk about. When watching last night I could not see the detail on the art glass beaded pumpkins like she captured today with her camera work. Kudos to the camera team today.

Honored Contributor

Re: A Pleasant 2 hour VPH show.

I totally agree! It was wonderful and pleasant to watch. Last night with Alberti was not pleasant and the camera work was not good.  I love those glass pumpkins.

Respected Contributor

Yes it was a really good show...I watched last night and again this morning on the QVC2 channel...there is a saying "if you snooze you lose"....I waited until this morning to order the 10" Illuminated Mosaic Tile Hurricane with Microlights by Valerie in the plum and it is sold out...now the green is on waitlist...

Honored Contributor

@GAQShopr53 wrote:

Yes it was a really good show...I watched last night and again this morning on the QVC2 channel...there is a saying "if you snooze you lose"....I waited until this morning to order the 10" Illuminated Mosaic Tile Hurricane with Microlights by Valerie in the plum and it is sold out...now the green is on waitlist...

@GAQShopr53  That is gorgeous!! I'm still debating on the blue. 

Esteemed Contributor

I agree as well! I know it is incredibly difficult to appropriately "pace" Valerie's shows because many items sell out quickly, but today's show was very pleasant to watch in tone, pacing, and presentation.

In contrast, the last few VPH shows have been fairly frantic; I wish more time would be allotted or more shows would be scheduled to allow for thorough and meaningful camera shots and descriptions of the items. I would far rather watch a few repeat items at the end of a show if it stays on track than have them spend just one minute on an item that needs 10 for a full explanation.

Respected Contributor

@Pecky  I thought about the blue but would have to purchase other items to make it fit into the color scheme of my home...thought about displaying in the kitchen but I think the green would be a better fit color wise..

Esteemed Contributor

I agree.  I thought it was very enjoyable, which I can't always say, no matter the host. 

Jayne and the cameras were great today.  There were still times when I wished the lights were up even more.  Maybe it's my eyes.  

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

I agree.  I thought it was very enjoyable, which I can't always say, no matter the host. 

Jayne and the cameras were great today.  There were still times when I wished the lights were up even more.  Maybe it's my eyes.  

@SHOPR No, it is not your eyes. The show today had much more light in the presentations than the one last evening. The lack of light has been a concern with me for months. I simply do not understand how a decorating show could be presented without proper lighting.

The camera work was good for the amount of light.....which is still lacking terribly.

Super Contributor

agree , the camera work is so important / helpful . It's so frustrating when the hosts & vendor, are speaking about an item , and the camera is 20 feet away ! It's as if a closeup of the item would be disrespectful , if the host is still speaking. Well, the host or vendor are always speaking, and the customers need close ups to see item details ....just as when buyers are shopping in a brick & mortar store. I've noticed that other shopping channels, use many more close ups of items. Happy this was mentioned and hopefully the camerawork will change. 

Super Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

I agree as well! I know it is incredibly difficult to appropriately "pace" Valerie's shows because many items sell out quickly, but today's show was very pleasant to watch in tone, pacing, and presentation.

In contrast, the last few VPH shows have been fairly frantic; I wish more time would be allotted or more shows would be scheduled to allow for thorough and meaningful camera shots and descriptions of the items. I would far rather watch a few repeat items at the end of a show if it stays on track than have them spend just one minute on an item that needs 10 for a full explanation.

Yes, the hurried shows aren't as enjoyable or helpful re: thorough information of product , especially when it comes to lighted items. I like to know battery life, etc. without having to go to item page & read about it. That wastes my time, and often a chance to order a color I prefer, especially when it's popular and selling out fast. Jayne , Jill and a few others, are good at keeping the pace " even " and the mood calm yet fun.