Esteemed Contributor

......from out of town and I recently finished decorating for Christmas. She walked around and ooh'd and ahh'd and everything she loved was Valeries. I asked her if she shopped at the Q, she said no. She has been widowed as of a couple of years ago, so Christmas is still difficult for her. One of the non-Christmas things she loved in my house was Valerie's faux orchid. I ordered one for her as soon as she left and had it sent to her house. I hope it will brighten her days.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

Re: A Friend Just Visited......

You are a thoughtful friend.  I'm sure she will love it.

Honored Contributor

@pattypeepthat was very thoughtful of you, I bet you have many friends.

Trusted Contributor

@pattypeep- Awww!   What a wonderful friend you are to think of her and know how difficult the holidays can be,  I've been there, I know.

Honored Contributor

@pattypeep I'm sure your kindness will be appreciated and is its own reward... How nice...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@pattypeep

how nice of you! 

you are truly a wonderful friend! It will come back to you three fold!

😊

Honored Contributor

That was so sweet to do. 

Until one goes through loosing a spouse, or living with/close to someone who has, they have no idea how hard it can be for a very long time. 

And special surprises like you just did, take away the sting of not having that special person there anymore, even if for just a few minutes at a time.

Every time she looks at that orchid, it will warm her heart and lift her spirits. 

Honored Contributor

How nice of you,

Image result for small smiley face thumbs up images