Honored Contributor

A FEW SPRING AND EASTER TABLE SETTINGS

I love to pore over table settings this time of year, liking everything from the lavish to the very simple. 

easter-gift-guide-2021-habituallychic-001-1.jpeg

This charming vintage soup bowl seems to have inspired other aspects of the table setting.

1400961896471.jpeg

Easter-Brunch-How-to-Simply-Decorate-Your-Table_1.jpg

This more spare, 'nature-dominated' setting with branches is equally beautiful, in my opinion.

spring_table_19.jpg

It's also interesting when people stray a little from the expected color schemes-- like in this terra cotta example:

101532297.jpg.rendition.largest.jpg

And I love the way they spiked navy in with dusty pink in this one...

Blush-Pink-and-Blue-Spring-Tablescape-10-684x1024-1.jpg

This simple setting on a porch shows you can be as low- key as you want to be, and still be festive.

Spring-Table-Sunroom-1024x768.jpg

And talk about unusual-- how about this modern fantasy! 

Easter-Brunch-How-to-Simply-Decorate-Your-Table.jpg

'Rustic' is another lovely way to go:

Rustic-Table-decor-for-Easter.jpg

I still have my ****** willows from last year, but my sprays are not big enough to produce quite this drama.

Nature-Inspired-Aqua-Succulent-Spring-Easter-Table-Setting-4.jpg

Another thing I love is when people incorporate their own existing collections into their tables-- like this collection of white milk glass bud vases-- so fresh!

Easter-Table-Decor-by-A-Blissful-Nest-009.jpg

Or this stunning collection of blue-and-white:

spring_table_39.jpg

Even a tiny collection, like these two blue and white vases, can be so striking.

Easter-table-decorations-01.jpg

And look at this close up of the above setting.  Those plates!  And the silver plate is the same as my Mother's!  Rats, I can't think of the name of it....

Easter-table-decorations-03.jpg

Jonquils are a classic, and perfectly express the bursting joy of the holiday...

Easter-Tablescape-with-Bunny-and-Jonquil-Centerpiece-2_wm.jpg

Respected Contributor

Re: A FEW SPRING AND EASTER TABLE SETTINGS

Thanks for the visual treat.  I love pretty tablescapes.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for posting.  I like them all, except the purple one.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

That first one is way too cluttered for me....where would you put the food?  And I would never have tall objects scattered about...you can't see the person across from you in a few of those photos.  

I prefer the very simple settings, where you have plenty of room to set out your food and see & converse with others at the table.  

Pretty to look at, but some are not practical.  

Honored Contributor

I would like the third and fourth one and the rustic with the big bunny to actually have in my home.

The rest are pretty or interesting but just to look at in a restaurant, hotel, or magazine and I can't really see being able to eat there.

Fun to look at though @Oznell !

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

The china is Fitz and Floyd Toulouse I think?  Thanks for the posting; very lovely.

Trusted Contributor

@Bookplate wrote:

The china is Fitz and Floyd Toulouse I think?  Thanks for the posting; very lovely.

@Bookplate  - Yes it is.  I have them.

Contributor

Thank you for finding these, and sharing them.  I always find some element of each setting that appeals to me, and could be recreated with what I own. Tablescapes remind me of couture fashion.  They are not all practical for actual use, but can inspire our creativity.

Honored Contributor

LOVE the look of all of them.  Stacked dishes don't work in reality, unless you have wait staff to serve then remove.

The "stacked" look occured when department stores were trying to encourage sales.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

The bunny set at Dillards is "somersault" happy!!!!

They also have the cute cabbage dishes which I feel are large enough for potato salad or fresh green beans.