Honored Contributor

Re: A FEAST FOR THE EYES - VELVET PUMPKINS

I was never in love with the velvet pumpkins......until this year. There was another post about them awhile back and the poster provided a place to look at them, with such rich and unique colors that I'd never seen in velvet pumpkins before.

I still don't own any, but now I'm seeing colors and shades that I would definitely buy and display if I saw them out in retail somewhere. 

Honored Contributor

I love the velvet pumpkins and have several but stick to fall colors mostly.  While a lot of blues, purples  and pinks are gorgeous I don't know how or when I'd use them.  I do like the taupe and cream that I saw this year, might have to get those.  I also have a few of the boiled wool pumpkins but not as fond of them as I am  the velvet.

Honored Contributor

I love the velvet pumpkins it provides something different and unique but still says FALL! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@BirdieGal wrote:

I made several of those years ago and they still look great. Sold some at craft fairs as well. Always popular. 

Still hot hot here so I am being stubborn and won't put out fall decor until it at least begins to cool down.

@BirdieGal

I know what you mean....it started to cool down, the mornings were glorious, but not its warmed up and its hot again....but I just went for it and put out my fall stuff even my fall wreath and doormat are up....maybe it will entice the cool weather to come in... Smiley Wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Beautiful!! I want some!!! All I have are some of Valeries's orange ones.
Respected Contributor

Isn't this different...

IMG_0178.JPG

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

Isn't this different...

IMG_0178.JPG

@BornToShop   Yes, a pumpkin that needs a haircut, lol.

Honored Contributor

I'm also late to the pumpkin scene.  I have Valeries set of three orange.  I remember when they were LTS, but I passed on them. 🎃🎃🎃

Honored Contributor

@GCR18  I have four sets of Valerie's velvet pumpkins,  Two each of the orange and the multicolor.  I ordered one each when they were first presented and the others I picked up in 'as is'.  I have added other colors since then and more sizes.  I just love them.  I can make a display with them piled in a basket, tub, and not worry about breakage.  I'm really tired of the MG pumpkins, very pretty but way too fragile.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

Isn't this different...

IMG_0178.JPG

@BornToShop   Yes, a pumpkin that needs a haircut, lol.

@mousiegirl@BornToShop  I think some kind of weird bird is in that pumpkin.  lol