Respected Contributor

Re: A FALL BARGAIN FOR "SEASONAL MUG" LOVERS...

@GingerPeach wrote:

I realize you're probably more in the market for bargain seasonal cups, @Oznell, but if these are at all your style, Susan Branch creates some very sweet cups with all sorts of wonderful paintings.

See susanbranch DOT com.  Look under "shopping," and "Susan's dishes."

Even the ones that say "sold out" I understand will be replenished soon.

So far I have been put off by the cost but maybe someday I might indulge.

16 oz. Fall Apples CupImage result for susan branch autumn mugs

Those are so cute!

Honored Contributor

Beautiful cups, @GingerPeach!  I have a weakness for squirrels too, despite their naughtiness, and that little guy is such a cutie...

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  here's my squirrel story.  I may have told it before.

I'm watching tv in the family room.  I hear something on the skylights.  I look up, there is a MALE squrrel, in all his glory.  Something I never wanted to see and cannot un-see.  He was up there for a long time.  icckkkkkkkky....

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey  A FLASHER!  A neighbor down the street keeps having squirrels get into her house!  She's had it checked out and no one can figure out how they keep getting in!

My cat (Jack) once brought into the house something that looked like the butt end of a cigar (he was always bringing me 'gifts').

He carried it in and dropped it in his little house!  I ran over and (with a paper towel) examined it!   

I called a neighbor whom I know helps injured animals (I didn't know what it was).  Anyway, her daughters came and picked it up.

She called later and said it was a tiny, tiny baby squirrel!  She gave it to another friend and together they nursed it and sent it out into 'the wild" (probably over to my back yard)...HA!

I love the fact that there are people in this world who will sit up all night for days feeding tiny baby (everythings, cats, you name it).  These are very special people.

I just wish those @#$% squirrels would STAY AWAY from my back porch!

Forgot to say friend said it probably fell out of nest and Jack the cat was known to save/help animals (baby bunnies) you name it!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66  @Mary Bailey  Here is a squirrel on the screen of the window of my den/computer room, heard the noise and couldn't imagine what in the heck it was, then a face appeared, lolDSCF5191.JPGDSCF5193.JPG

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

@Annabellethecat66  here's my squirrel story.  I may have told it before.

I'm watching tv in the family room.  I hear something on the skylights.  I look up, there is a MALE squrrel, in all his glory.  Something I never wanted to see and cannot un-see.  He was up there for a long time.  icckkkkkkkky....

@Mary Bailey  LOL!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I am the happy owner of a cute raccoon mug, thanks to @Oznell's post.  I stopped in a different Family Dollar while on the road today.  The owl and fox were cute also. Heart

2018-08-19 14.53.31.jpg

Honored Contributor

Oh, @SHOPR, thank you for that cute picture!  Isn't he a sweetie pie, with that little oak leaf?  I had my breakfast tea with him this morning.

They all have sweet expressions, but he is my favorite also.  Congrats on your new critter!

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@Oznell Good to hear from you on this Sunday afternoon.  Hope you are well.

So, one of my favorite mugs (I don't collect them, but I like them) is one my friend gave me.  It's a picture of a cute squirrel with his hands together looking directly at me saying, "Excuse me!  Your bird feeder is out of seed".  Ha!

@It's a running joke with everyone who knows me knows how much I absolutely hate those @@##$$%k squirrels!  They (single handly) have eaten every single seed on my back porch.  They've broken very expensive feeders and so on!  

So, when she gave me that.....I'm still laughing...I keep it in my kitchen window.

Incidentally, (totally off subject) but I'm ordering a paint ball gun to keep them away from my seed!

Have a wonderful day.

@Annabellethecat66 A paint ball attack. Lol. Those critters are smart so watch your back; you may start a squirrel rodeo!