Esteemed Contributor

Re: A Complaint about Shipping through USPS

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@blackhole99 In fact, I have complained after two non-QVC packages were lost even when they were shown as have been delivered.  I know they weren't stolen because I pick up the mail almost immediately after it is delivered.  They were low enough value that I didn't pursue a claim, but I did file a complaint and talked to my carrier nicely about my concerns.  I can't see that it made a difference at all.

@Marsha2003,  Does your mail carrier scan packages upon delivery? Mine will wait to scan until she's actually handing it over or placing it in the mailbox.  She says it has GPS technology, and they can get in trouble if they scan it as having been delivered, for example, at the mailbox, when in fact it was brought all the way to the house and handed over.  I suppose it must be pretty precise.  I do have a long driveway, but not completely out of sight of the box.  The scans help them recover mis-delivered packages, etc.   Now when a substitute is on the route, anything goes, I'm afraid. 

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@blackhole99 In fact, I have complained after two non-QVC packages were lost even when they were shown as have been delivered.  I know they weren't stolen because I pick up the mail almost immediately after it is delivered.  They were low enough value that I didn't pursue a claim, but I did file a complaint and talked to my carrier nicely about my concerns.  I can't see that it made a difference at all.

@Marsha2003,  Does your mail carrier scan packages upon delivery? Mine will wait to scan until she's actually handing it over or placing it in the mailbox.  She says it has GPS technology, and they can get in trouble if they scan it as having been delivered, for example, at the mailbox, when in fact it was brought all the way to the house and handed over.  I suppose it must be pretty precise.  I do have a long driveway, but not completely out of sight of the box.  The scans help them recover mis-delivered packages, etc.   Now when a substitute is on the route, anything goes, I'm afraid. 

@SHOPR That was what was weird about the lost packages.  They were scanned as being at the mailbox, but they were not.  My regular carrier was out the day that one of the packages was missing, so I suppose the other carrier could have scanned it at my mailbox, then put it back on their truck or dropped it in one of the neighbor's boxes as I live on a cul-de-sac.  I would like to think that a neighbor would bring it back to my mailbox, but I know that at least two of them are sort of odd and might not.

Honored Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

Every single item I've bought lately through QVC, no matter what size, is being transferred from UPS to USPS for delivery.  I dislike this practice very much as it adds delivery time to my orders, adds another chance for an item to be lost or broken and isn't always delivered to my door.  Sometimes, the mail carrier leaves boxes by the mailbox on the sidewalk or tries to cram them into the mailbox.  I double-checked and there's no longer an option to request UPS only delivery.  Anyone else frustrated by this practice?

@Marsha2003  I have this issue with UPs and OnTrac.

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I prefer USPS.  My USPS guy comes around 11:00 AM most days.  My UPS guy often doesn't come until 8PM!

@Krimpette  or 9:00 pm!

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl For me, OnTrac is usually the best except that they deliver late at night so I don't always see their deliveries until the next day.  I think Amazon is the only shipper that I've seen use OnTrac.  Well, maybe one of the meal services I tried also used them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@SHOPR That was what was weird about the lost packages.  They were scanned as being at the mailbox, but they were not.  My regular carrier was out the day that one of the packages was missing, so I suppose the other carrier could have scanned it at my mailbox, then put it back on their truck or dropped it in one of the neighbor's boxes as I live on a cul-de-sac.  I would like to think that a neighbor would bring it back to my mailbox, but I know that at least two of them are sort of odd and might not.

@Marsha2003  Many packages have been stolen/lost through the years via USPS and UPS, and now because UPS lost four or more of my packages on one day, said delivered but were not, I have to sign for everything, which wouldn't be bad if I knew when they would be here, but waiting all day and evening, is no way to live, so I signed up for packages to be delivered to an access point, BUT, most packages still come by truck, and not taken to the access point, never know until I receive an email, crazy system!!!

Honored Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@mousiegirl For me, OnTrac is usually the best except that they deliver late at night so I don't always see their deliveries until the next day.  I think Amazon is the only shipper that I've seen use OnTrac.  Well, maybe one of the meal services I tried also used them.

@Marsha2003  Zulily uses OnTrac for most everything.  They would put packages on top of my fragile intercom box, and though I complained many times that they need to be driven up the driveway and not left on top of the intercom or near it as it is almost on the road, the idiots still did it until I put an object on top of the intercom, then they just left things on the ground next to it, completely ignored my instructions.

None of them care because they know people will continue to shop and what choice do we have as long as we do.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl That's such a shame!  I've thought about paying for a mail box at the local UPS store so there would be some place for my packages to be received safely.  Maybe that's the best choice, especially around the holidays.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl I'm not sure who brings Zu packages.  I was thinking UPS for me.  Now that QVC owns Zu, I guess we might start seeing them use USPS.

Honored Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@mousiegirl That's such a shame!  I've thought about paying for a mail box at the local UPS store so there would be some place for my packages to be received safely.  Maybe that's the best choice, especially around the holidays.

@Marsha2003  If you sign up with UPS My Choice, packages, if they qualify, will be taken to a UPS store, at least here, that is my access point, but until an email arrives, I don't know if packages will go there, come via USPS, or UPs by truck.

Recently, some idiot UPs driver didn't leave any note, and sent packages back to two companies, I was furious!  I only found out because the UPs guy I am familiar with, they are different most days, told me he saw my packages ready for return.  I really hate UPS, but as the guy said while laughing at me, we are the only company, to which I replied there are several others, and now UPS is feeling the crunch because companies like OnTrac and FedEx are being used more often, either due to being less expensive or quicker delivery, who knows.

As you can see, I could write a book!