Honored Contributor

Re: A Complaint about Shipping through USPS

I just din't 'get' the switcheroo of packages between UPS and USPS like most here. I thought they were competitors for business and found out now they co-op together (sub-contract out) and packages are handled twice as much with extra layovers here and there.

My DH told me that since USPS doesn't want to hire anymore so they sub contract out their work to UPS. It's all about economics (MONEY) and logistics...

Can you imagine some of the frequent flyer miles some of our packages get?

OR if Drones become the new norm delivering packages...oy! The visuals of issues, problems that would arise with those...weather, dropsies of pkgs from heights higher than a human can throw...well, you get the idea.

I know Amazon was doing a test run on drones...wonder how it panned out...

Honored Contributor

The problem I have with USPS is the mail lady will do whatever she has to to stuff something in the mailbox.  My mailbox has a rear door.  She puts the mail in first, then stuffs a couple bags or a box.  A couple times the rear door was open with the mail sticking out. 

In the event the box is too big to fit in the mailbox, she will put it on the front porch.  Problem is she puts it in the corner opposite to where the door opens.  I have to open the door, go out on the front porch and shut the door to get it.  It boggles my mind that UPS, FEDEX and Amazon can manage to put the box on the side where the door opens.

Valued Contributor

I have the opposite complaint. When items are sent via USPS, my apartment has large boxes to put in packages, while UPS leaves my stuff on the steps, leaving them liable to theft. I just now have things sent to work. Easier.

Super Contributor

I am really fed up with shipping right now.  I ordered 2 items that are supposed to be delivered today and tomorrow.  After checking the tracking it shows both items with a departure scan of 7/22 in IL.  Nothing else.  I have no idea what is going on and no way of tracking the order when it is handed over to USPS.

Although I have seen item I would like to purchase, I am very reluctant to purchase from QVC right now because of the delay in shipping.

Esteemed Contributor

Not to mention the awful condition your package is in when it finally does arrive!!!!

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

Not to mention the awful condition your package is in when it finally does arrive!!!!

@MalteseMomma  I recently received a package that was bashed in, makes me wonder what in the heck happened.  I used to receive quite a lot of packages with what looked like tire marks, so mentioned it at the post office, and was told the marks were probably from the moving belt they go through at the distribution center.  I was beginning to think UPS ran over them with their trucks, lol.

Contributor

I know what you mean. I ordered new shoes and top for Memorial Dsy weekend and got the call that there was a problem and they would be shipped out late AGAIN. CAN'T COUNT ON QVC FOR ANYTHING. This is after I just paid $30 on shipping both ways for a lawn mower that was so cheap that we didn't even put it together after looking at it.
Super Contributor

For me, this is with all online stores. Starts off with UPS and then handed over to USPS.  If it does come by UPS, they no longer ring bell but just drop and run.  I laugh at this on days where the truck passes before 11am but when I have an order it comes near 8pm.  Not ordering as much as I used to.