Respected Contributor

Re: 38 Weeks till Christmas!!??

@Mominohio wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

I guess I just don't understand how people spend their whole lives waiting for Christmas.

When you look at it like that, you won't understand it.

It isn't about 'spending your whole life waiting for Christmas', it is about living and loving the spirit and feeling (as well as the decor, food, etc.) of Christmas regardless of the season. 

We aren't wishing our lives away. We aren't forgetting to live in the moment and enjoy what is today. We are simply bringing to the forefront on a more regular basis in our thoughts, readings, and planning, a seasons that brings us such joy. What is wrong with that?

People are capable of enjoying more than one thing at a time. In any given day, I can enjoy getting on the tractor in the warm sun and smelling the fresh first cut of grass, plant a few spring flowers, and then sit on my deck in the warmth of a new season, reading a magazine about Christmas and enjoying the pictures and decor ideas. I can then get up, and run the dog in the bright green grass, sit on the front porch rockers, and soak in the evening sun, then after dark, hit the computer to look at vintage Christmas decor on ebay, as I relax before bed.

I never understood people who have to have a one track mind, and can't enjoy any number of different things at the same time, without regard to the season or time of year.

After all, when we plant the seeds of our vegetable garden, isn't it natural to start planning and dreaming about all that ripe produce being canned and put up toward the fall? Doesn't one take stock of the supplies they will be needing  (more jars, lids, ring, extra sugar for jams, more vinegar for pickling, maybe a new canner etc.). Doesn't one nurture those young plants, anticipating the size of the yield to come, the baskets of produce they will be sending off to friends or coworkers to share the bounty, the wonderful meals one will pick and cook and serve, all from their own labor and land?

Is that wishing or waiting your whole life away? Not in my opinion it isn't. It is called looking forward. It is called dreaming, It is called enjoying the anticipation of what is to come.

It is what life is supposed to be. Looking forward, living in the present, and remembering the past. These are not things that have to be done separately. They function together very well, for people who can balance and mingle them, just like the the varied ingredients in a good recipe, mixing them just right, gives delightful food.

@faeriemoon

@Mominohio I'm saving this post as it so well-written and expresses exactly what I feel. Thank you.

Respected Contributor

CIJ is not so much the shopping, but the sisterhood that has evolved through the years because of CIJ.  I am one of those sisters who cannot wait to be enabled & to respond to my other CIJ sisters trying to enable them.  The ideas, support & interaction is what CIJ means to me!  

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

CIJ is not so much the shopping, but the sisterhood that has evolved through the years because of CIJ.  I am one of those sisters who cannot wait to be enabled & to respond to my other CIJ sisters trying to enable them.  The ideas, support & interaction is what CIJ means to me!  

@BornToShop

You are right. The last few years here on these boards (especially since they gave us our own forum for holidays and we aren't aggravating other posters!!) have been such fun, watching and chatting. Discussing and enabling. Loving some of the stuff, and complaining about some of it! We do have a great time! And even for weeks afterward, as our treasures arrive, we compare notes, give detailed reviews, and post pictures to get input on how to use  the items and where. 

Ah, I can't wait!

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Oh, stop it!  Just stop it!  LOL    I hate rushing through life.   Having said that, I was in the Dollar Store the other day and I bought some $1 glass vases and a couple of huge plastic bowls that look like cut crystal.  I plan to do something interesting with them....for Christmas.

@chrystaltree  Be sure to share what you do with your Dollar store finds.  It's amazing what can be done with inexpensive pieces if we put our minds to it.  Looking forward to seeing your masterpieces.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Thankfully, this is the Holiday forum and we can have Christmas any time we feel the need to. Smiley Happy  I can't wait to watch CIJ  and I'd watch if it was CIM (March or May).  I hope to be able to hang out with you guys more by CIJ. I'm one of those who love Christmas anytime of the year.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

@BornToShop

You are right. The last few years here on these boards (especially since they gave us our own forum for holidays and we aren't aggravating other posters!!) have been such fun, watching and chatting. Discussing and enabling. Loving some of the stuff, and complaining about some of it! We do have a great time! And even for weeks afterward, as our treasures arrive, we compare notes, give detailed reviews, and post pictures to get input on how to use  the items and where. 

Ah, I can't wait!

@Mominohio  I'm already getting excited.  I had to miss the "Bunny Brigade" but hopefully I can get in on the fun here for CIJ.  Can't wait.

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@BornToShop  I love what you said and that's how I feel too.  In fact, I'm already working  on my enabling techniques. lol

Honored Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

I guess I just don't understand how people spend their whole lives waiting for Christmas.

When you look at it like that, you won't understand it.

It isn't about 'spending your whole life waiting for Christmas', it is about living and loving the spirit and feeling (as well as the decor, food, etc.) of Christmas regardless of the season. 

We aren't wishing our lives away. We aren't forgetting to live in the moment and enjoy what is today. We are simply bringing to the forefront on a more regular basis in our thoughts, readings, and planning, a seasons that brings us such joy. What is wrong with that?

People are capable of enjoying more than one thing at a time. In any given day, I can enjoy getting on the tractor in the warm sun and smelling the fresh first cut of grass, plant a few spring flowers, and then sit on my deck in the warmth of a new season, reading a magazine about Christmas and enjoying the pictures and decor ideas. I can then get up, and run the dog in the bright green grass, sit on the front porch rockers, and soak in the evening sun, then after dark, hit the computer to look at vintage Christmas decor on ebay, as I relax before bed.

I never understood people who have to have a one track mind, and can't enjoy any number of different things at the same time, without regard to the season or time of year.

After all, when we plant the seeds of our vegetable garden, isn't it natural to start planning and dreaming about all that ripe produce being canned and put up toward the fall? Doesn't one take stock of the supplies they will be needing  (more jars, lids, ring, extra sugar for jams, more vinegar for pickling, maybe a new canner etc.). Doesn't one nurture those young plants, anticipating the size of the yield to come, the baskets of produce they will be sending off to friends or coworkers to share the bounty, the wonderful meals one will pick and cook and serve, all from their own labor and land?

Is that wishing or waiting your whole life away? Not in my opinion it isn't. It is called looking forward. It is called dreaming, It is called enjoying the anticipation of what is to come.

It is what life is supposed to be. Looking forward, living in the present, and remembering the past. These are not things that have to be done separately. They function together very well, for people who can balance and mingle them, just like the the varied ingredients in a good recipe, mixing them just right, gives delightful food.

@faeriemoon

@Mominohio I'm saving this post as it so well-written and expresses exactly what I feel. Thank you.

@Mominohio Very well said.  I'm a happy person in all seasons but nothing wrong with Christmas being in the back of my mind for most of them.   Planning is a lot of fun for me and I enjoy hearing about  what others are planning too.  It's the Holiday Forum.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm waiting for my Dreambook from Hallmark  so I can pre-order my Wish List ;o)

And, I just heard Suzanne Runyan refer to pumpkin picking while selling shoes.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

Hi All: I know I haven't been around too much lately but I just happened to pop in here to see if anyone was talking about CIJ. I see I'm really behind the times on this one. The chatter has begun.  So glad to see everyone is excited about it and loved the previous posts about how the "sisterhood" has evolved.  Sure is a fun time.  Can't wait!!   so those of you that get information on the programming guide early, please do let us know which weekend it will be so we can plan ahead.