Honored Contributor

Re: 3 days to decorate, 2+ hours to undo it all...

@gardenman 

Glad you got it all done!  I wish I did!  I hate taking it all down and putting it away.  The house looks so blah when it's back to normal.  It usually takes me 3 days to decorate, but that's because I have to keep going up and down the stairs a million times and I have to keep taking mini breaks!  DH does the outside lights so that's a big help, or it would take even longer.  As for taking the stuff down and packing it up and stowing it in the garage --- that's a lot of work, too!  It usually takes me quite a few hours and sometimes I have to break it down into two days!  I'm not going to tackle it today since it's Sunday, but maybe tomorrow????  Maybe!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

We leave our decorations up til Jan. 6. Sometimes longer. The Snowpeople we leave up all Winter. Takes a few days to  decorate the house, takes a few days to take down, pack up and store away. I'm in no hurry to say goodbye to the season.

Valued Contributor

Inside stuff except the tree was down New Years Day which is surprisingly early for me! I took all outdoor decor down yesterday & by the afternoon it was all put away as well. Enjoying the decorated tree probably through sometime in January.
Honored Contributor

I'm finally done taking it all down, which means moving it to the basement.  Not all of it is packed into boxes yet, but upstairs....looks like Christmas is over!

Honored Contributor

Well 3 days of "exhaustion" undecorating (because I'm very particular how it's packed) I'm almost done...now, I've packed most of it but the real ? remains "I did downsize my 🎄didn't I so why do I need the same space🤦‍♀️😯🤔".

I definitely need a organization/storage coach or @gardenman  packing skills😉

Now, the challenge finding someone to put up in above garage attic.  I really did the 🙄 today when spouse said "just don't let them just "put" it up there anywhere because I have a system -- I'll do it".  (he's annoyed) -- I just gave him a look "he can't walk from couch to bathroom without stopping to rest and he's thinks he's climbing a rickety pull down ladder -- NOT!!!😳

I kidded my gf who decorates a lot today want to share a storage unit -- she said great idea.  It was until a "walk-in" closet size is $94/mth ...even shared that's crazy! No wonder they are popping up on every corner -- we never really "downsize" when we move into smaller homes just downsize in our minds!!!🤣 (at least that's me!)

I hate to see the stuff I find when I start my walk-in pantry aka utility room update.

My goal is to have it done by Saturday🤞🏻the beach is calling me☀️🏖🏝

Respected Contributor

As we have both aged and have mobility issues I decided to store my holiday items where I can manage them. I buy seasonal tissue paper after each holiday to wrap things in (it's just for my happiness really. I've used paper napkins I had left over as well. It's fun to open a tub and find my decorations wrapped in pretty designs. I bought two sets of the fold down zippered storage cubes from QVC and cleaned out a closet where I stack them. The clear windows show me what's in the cube!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.