Respected Contributor

Re: 3 days to decorate, 2+ hours to undo it all...

I love taking down decorations, putting them neatly away and starting fresh and new all over again!

Honored Contributor

What is the secret to that? Granted, it doesn't take quite as long to take it down, but no way are we as fast as you.

Honored Contributor

I was late putting things up this year, due to travel.  I'd be good keeping most of it out another week.   I did put away gift wrap, extra cards, the CD's, and a few other things today.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LindaSal  I agree with you.  It takes me a couple weeks to put everything up and the way I want it.  I have a 7 1/2' tree and most of my ornaments are Christopher Radko or other glass blown.  I take a lot of care when taking them out of the ornament boxes and hang on the tree and then I take even more care taking them down and putting away.  My tree is full.  There isn't much space left when done.  I live in a small condo and it still takes a long time.  Then I light so many things too.  I string lights everywhere on lots of things.  We have to be very careful in packing things back in the boxes.  I start decorating either at the end of October or the first of November and keep it up until January 6.  I love Christmas so much I practically go into mourning afterwards.  

Honored Contributor

@gardenman 

Wow!!! Are you busy over the weekend -- I could use the "undecorating fairy & housekeeper" to do mine!!!

I did very little "in my mind" but it's more than I thought😉

What I'm not looking forward to is "donating" all the no longer needed holiday decor.  I'm going to put on FB marketplace FREE I hope someone can use it🙂

Keeping my fingers crossed that I can put away in 1/3rd the bags & containers it came out of.  My garage "storage shed" is filled to the max!  I can't find anyone to go up ladder and put back in the above garage attic Fall, Halloween and I have way more 🎄. 

Happy New Year and enjoy your fresh clean spaces🙂

Esteemed Contributor

I do it over  a couple days by room. I have 2 Christmas Village set ups that take a day each.

Respected Contributor

Opposite here.  We've been taking done Christmas for 2 days.  Everything is down and put away except the Christmas tree.  The decorations are off though.

Trusted Contributor

I put up multiple trees decorated with ornaments. It takes a long time to take down and wrap each ornament. Plus all the non-tree decorations. I have not started yet.
Honored Contributor

I know you should leave Christmas decor up for the twelve days [of Christmas] but it feels so anticlimactic to still be looking at it on January 1.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I know you should leave Christmas decor up for the twelve days [of Christmas] but it feels so anticlimactic to still be looking at it on January 1.

My Christmas decorations go up the week of Thanksgiving and come down by January first. I've kept them up a little later before, but they're typically down by the first. I think a lot depends on how early or late you decorate. I had an aunt and uncle who only decorated the week before Christmas, sometimes Christmas eve. They'd leave everything up through January and couldn't understand why everyone didn't. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!