Honored Contributor

3 days to decorate, 2+ hours to undo it all...

I think I live in some sort of decorating time warp. It takes me three full days to decorate the inside and outside of the house and that's without many breaks. In a little over two hours this morning, it's all undone, the house swept, furniture polished, and everything is back to normal. Weird! It happens every year though and it never fails to amaze me. I'm not even rushing it just gets done quickly.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: 3 days to decorate, 2+ hours to undo it all...

@gardenman 

I know, right? If only it went up as quickly as when it comes down!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Demolition always takes less time than construction, doesn't it?  No placement decisions to make or implement.

Esteemed Contributor

When putting up - you unpack and fuss & fuss to get things....just right

When removing - you pull things down - and toss in box

(I'm sure you're a neat packer-up...but no fussing)

Honored Contributor

Wow!  Can I hire you?  I still have to take the tree down and I know it will take a good afternoon to do so.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fthunt wrote:

@fthunt 

It takes me just as long to box it up as it takes to unbox it.

I don't just toss my ornaments in a box. Most of them came wrapped up in some type of box so that's what I put them back in. DH says I don't know why you think you have to wrap each ornament & put back in the boxes they came in??? Duh!!! So they don't get broke?

Esteemed Contributor

@Nightowlz That is funny because I am the same way.  I take my time and put everything away neatly in their packaging.   DH just says let me know when you want me to carry a box down to the basement for you, other than that I don't see him, LOL!

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

@Nightowlz That is funny because I am the same way.  I take my time and put everything away neatly in their packaging.   DH just says let me know when you want me to carry a box down to the basement for you, other than that I don't see him, LOL!

@LindaSal 

Same here. DH will get it all out for me to decorate. He is no where in site as he does not want to mess with it. He knows how picky I am. LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

My ornaments all go back into their boxes then into their Rubbermaid and Sterilite totes and back into the closet. It just goes way faster taking everything down.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

@fthunt 

It takes me just as long to box it up as it takes to unbox it.

I don't just toss my ornaments in a box. Most of them came wrapped up in some type of box so that's what I put them back in. DH says I don't know why you think you have to wrap each ornament & put back in the boxes they came in??? Duh!!! So they don't get broke?

I'm the same way...everything goes wrapped back into their boxes so they don't get broken.  It's very time consuming. 

I just changed out my holiday dishes from the glass cabinets in my kitchen and took down a small gingerbread village that I have in the kitchen too.  Took me a few hours and DH took down the lights from the porch outdoors.

I'll do the fireplace mantle and tree another day.