Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Lock & Lock Holiday Set with Bags

@Coopsmommy wrote:

@SHOPR

I'm so disappointed I missed the rectangular ones!!! I always bake and gift to friends and family and this made such a cute and reasonably priced set. Darn it. Woman Sad

@Coopsmommy, I just checked, and the rectangles are available it seems.  Good Luck!

Esteemed Contributor

Even though I mentioned in the OP how handy my slightly taller rectangles are, perhaps for candy gifts, the bowl shape might hold more.  I guess it depends on the shape of the candy.  

I passed, but if there had been free shipping, I might've bought.  Not crazy about four of the bags, so for me, I look at the price of just the containers.  Last year, I got a set of 6 copper rectangles for I think $19.96 on a free shipping day.  

Hope everyone is pleased with your purchases.  Cat Happy

Respected Contributor

@cactusgal wrote:

Would Love to order 2 sets of these but the S/H is to much for me. Looks like I will be shopping Walmart and Dollar Tree again this year.

Yes, I started to order two sets but $11.00 total shipping for both is just too much.

Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

This is a cute idea, but once you take them from the bag and do whatever with the bag, you’re left with just a plain container. 

Had they also made the containers patterned, which would make them really unique and festive, I would have bought a few sets. 

I agree. Patterns would make them look more festive -- snowflakes, candy canes or ornaments would be nice.

With the bag and container graphics matching.

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

This is a cute idea, but once you take them from the bag and do whatever with the bag, you’re left with just a plain container. 

Had they also made the containers patterned, which would make them really unique and festive, I would have bought a few sets. 

I agree. Patterns would make them look more festive -- snowflakes, candy canes or ornaments would be nice.

@gidgetgh and @Daisy Sunflower

As we get closer to Christmas, Lock&Lock typically has seasonal patterned containers, so keep your eyes peeled... Smiley Happy

They used to but I didn't see any at all last year.

Valued Contributor

I have been waiting for these for a couple months as I need to replenish this size bowl. So I ordered 2 sets. I do not need all the bags but have no complaints about them. I will give some of them to our Sunday School classes to be filled with goodies. I use these bowls alll the time and over the years my others have become pitted. I think the bags are cute.

Honored Contributor

In the past, I bought the set with the round bowls.  This year, I bought two sets with the oblong bowls.  I gift them to my guests at Christmas dinner.  The bowl holds leftovers so they go home with some Christmas dinner for later and I put candy, Christmas cookies and nuts in the bag.  

Frequent Contributor

Are the rectangles already sold out? I just went it looked and it only had the bowls.

Respected Contributor

@IdahoMom wrote:

Are the rectangles already sold out? I just went it looked and it only had the bowls.

Yep. They sold out fast.

Esteemed Contributor

@SHOPR  This is the first year I have seen and then purchased these. I got the oblong containers. These seem perfect to put cookies in for my neighbors. I broke my leg almost three weeks ago, but am hoping I will be out of the wheelchair in time to bake. If not, I will purchase something to put in the containers and have my dh deliver them. Love the bags, even though they are whimsical.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein