Esteemed Contributor

My best friend loves the song "Twelve Days of Christmas"  and I got the idea to buy some kind of decoration or figurienes that she could display for a gift. I can't beleive how hard it is to find something

Anyone have any ideas? 

Honored Contributor

Re: 12 Days of Christmas.....

[ Edited ]

Find a really great branch with a great set of branches, that can be used as a tree.  Then look for 1 item to represent each one of the parts of the verse.  Or, even if it's close, she'll love it.  You could get little farm animals, from hobby stores, and label each one as the part you need for the verse.  Do spray the branch in advance, use glitter (mild dose) and make it all a miniture thing.  Just go a little wild.  Use your fun imagination.  Sometimes charms (as in a bracelet) could work.  Anyway............just my thoughts.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Musical 12 days of Christmas Wall Clock

The clock is from collections etc.com

Amazon has some nice ornaments  (all 12) that don't cost "an arm and a leg"

I hope you get to find something.

What a nice idea.

Jim Shore used to but they seem to all be retired now.

Once I got 12 little mini nutcrackers in the 12 days of Christmas at some store, I forget where.

Course that doesn't help at all!Woman Embarassed

You are right. It is hard to find something with that theme.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor

@qualitygal, what a great idea. I love to make things like that, and Hobby Lobby has a great craft department.  @Nataliesgramma, if you don't enjoy crafting, try Etsy. I get lots of ideas from there, and you can find things there you'd never see anywhere else. That's so nice of you to think of that for your friend!

Honored Contributor

Like @Ruby Laine- mentioned,

Etsy does have a lot of good 12 days of Christmas things.

That is always a great site to find hard to find things.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Probably 20 years ago, I was gifted a set of small 12 Days of Christmas snowglobe ornaments.  For many years, I displayed them on a metal ornament tree.  The liquid inside them got foggy over time and so they are no longer used, but any ornament-type set, depicting the 12 Days, would be a nice idea. 

Exclusive Metal Bride's Tradition Ornament Display Tree

Honored Contributor

How about during the 12 days, send or give her something based on that day's 'thing'.

For the first day, send pears, the second day, turtle candies, the third day, some roasting hens and so on. Could be all food related, or could be actual things.

Things that can be used or things that are fun and relate to each day, delivered or given on that day. 

Spreading it out could make it fun to see what is coming next.

Trusted Contributor

@Nataliesgramma Kurt Adler does a 12 Days of Christmas set of glass ornaments for around $40 if you search on Walmart.com.  You could purchase those and either include the kind of ornament stand that @SHOPR showed in her post, or purchase a small, fresh potted tree from Home Depot (they have nice cedar ones in the garden department), and present it to her with the ornaments attached.

Esteemed Contributor

bought a set last year at Pier 1 ,  very pretty but pricey ,  I never came across another set I liked as much so I broke down and bought it .  There are those reverse painted kind of ornament,  can't remember the name of what it's called.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you all for the great ideas!!! I never thought of Etsy...so I will have to check them out.

I like the idea of doing something with a small tree or something personal....