Honored Contributor

Re: ☹️☹️☹️☹️ sorry to see my Christmas get put away

I think a lot of people who take down decorations "early" do so to accommodate their work/life schedule. I know if I had to get back to work after a long holiday break (like teachers and some other professions who's work slows the weeks around Christmas and New Years), I'd want the bulk of the tear down done before worked picked back up. 

When I was a stay at home mom, I always waited until well after kiddo was back in school. I wanted to enjoy every minute of having him home, and letting him enjoy the entire break. 

It has never made any sense to me, to tear things down on Christmas night or the next day. My mom always wanted to do that, and honestly I think a lot of people who do that have depression issues (I believe she did). 

I do get what people say about wanting to start the new year out all fresh and clean, but to me, getting the Christmas packed up and put away is only the beginning of that. I tear my whole house down for deep cleaning in January and February, and the taking down of Christmas is only the very first step in that process. So I kind of procrastinate as once I begin it, I feel like I can't really stop, relax, or call the house 'clean' until it is all done (curtains down, washed ironed and back up, all beds stripped to the rails, all walls washed, all carpets steam cleaned, upholstery steam cleaned, every cupboard and closet cleaned out and purged, all windows washed, etc.). So taking down the Christmas only signals a whole lot of work for me!

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio

Bring your energy here - I thought I cleaned but boy you really do clean!  If you come not only will we hit the beach but I'll buy you a nice seafood dinner (or whatever) at one of the yummy restaurants at the beach!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Growing up, we always kept Christmas decor up until  Dec 6th - Día de los Reyes (three kings day).  We would put a shoe outside our bedroom door and next day there would be a little  gift in it!  

I did the same when my kids were little and to this day, still keep up the holiday decor until after Dec 6th!!          Have to say, every year I do take out less and less decor...just such a pain to put away!!!!         

Honored Contributor

Still missing mine almost a month out.

Honored Contributor

I'm starting to put my Christmas decorations away today.  We moved in December and I just didn't have the heart or the time to do it before.  Now I have to figure out what I'll do for February and Valentine's day.  I make wreaths and have to purchase some new items for one.  Any ideas would be welcome. 

I love this one:

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/3e/77/e1/3e77e11fe2b06dbb4ea12074f645d087.jpg

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~