Trusted Contributor

Re: ☹️☹️☹️☹️ sorry to see my Christmas get put away

@Azcowgirl wrote:

I’m leaving mine up till after New Years this time...need the comfort it brings....the last few days have been sad and worrisome.My little grandson is in grave condition in the hospital .

@Azcowgirl

My thoughts and prayers are with you for your precious little grandson. 

Honored Contributor

My husband is an orthodox Christian and celebrates Christmas on January 7th.  Most of the people in the area where I live respectfully leave everything up until the second week of January.

The outside lights, trees and all Christmas decor will be around for a while yet.

Respected Contributor

I packed it up Dec 26 except for the tree and two deer candle holders on the mantle. I’ll leave those up till New Years.

Esteemed Contributor

@Azcowgirl wrote:

I’m leaving mine up till after New Years this time...need the comfort it brings....the last few days have been sad and worrisome.My little grandson is in grave condition in the hospital .

@Azcowgirl Oh, gosh, I just saw this post and am so sad to see that your grandson is ill. I will look for further posts and keep praying. God bless you and yours.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Trusted Contributor

@Azcowgirl wrote:

@Azcowgirl  Sending a prayer up right now for your grandson!

Trusted Contributor

I take down the Christmas things but a lot of my decor is Winter so I leave it up. I also leave up one of my trees with white lights and do a winter theme. I decorate for Spring Summer  and Fall so why not Winter. The days are so short so the lights on the tree with my winter theme makes me happy and I enjoy a winter decorations.

Valued Contributor

@Azcowgirl wrote:

I am so sorry. You must be so worried. Prayers sent for his improvement. <3

Valued Contributor

Our oldest has a birthday on New Years Day so I always made sure everything Christmas was put away before her birthday. I wanted it to be her day and not associated with the holidays. Now that all the kids are gone, I wait a few extra days. 

Honored Contributor

Like my husband said the other day, "not to worry, it'll be back in 11 mos."  For us, it goes by fast.  

Trusted Contributor

I agree - It's definitely sad to see it go.

I know many people leave their decorations up until New Year's Day or after, but I don't.  Everything usually comes down by the 28th or 29th.  It's too sad to leave it up knowing that Christmas is over.  Smiley Sad