Regular Contributor

Re: ☹️☹️☹️☹️ sorry to see my Christmas get put away

@Azcowgirl wrote:

I’m leaving mine up till after New Years this time...need the comfort it brings....the last few days have been sad and worrisome.My little grandson is in grave condition in the hospital .

Sending prayers that things will turn around for your grandson!

Respected Contributor

@Azcowgirl wrote:

I’m leaving mine up till after New Years this time...need the comfort it brings....the last few days have been sad and worrisome.My little grandson is in grave condition in the hospital .

@Azcowgirl  ooh sorry to hear that. yes, grab comfort and strength however you can. prayers up for your grandson and the whole family.  

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not going anywhere, and I'm leaving it up indefinitely.🎄Have a nice trip, @homedecor1

@Azcowgirl, don't know what to say.😢

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@homedecor1, and everyone,

I wait until the Epiphany.

http://www.quotessquare.com/events/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Clock-animation-gif-new-year-2016.gif

Honored Contributor

I took everything down yesterday. I put it all away, dusted, vacuumed, swept floors and did laundry.
Now to get the fridge cleaned and I'll be completely back to normal.
I put my Christmas decor out the week prior to Thanksgiving, so I was ready for it to come down. My house feels so much more spacious and uncluttered. I like starting the New Year off with a "clean slate".
@homedecor1, enjoy your upcoming trip.
@Azcowgirl, so sorry to hear about your grandson, best wishes for a speedy recovery for him. I certainly understand why you aren't ready to think about taking down holiday decor.

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

I leave my Christmas decor up all winter.  A lot of it can double as winter anyway, so why not.  I get depressed when all the "glow" is gone.  The winter is so drab, dreary, and dark.  Maybe I'm crazy, but it makes me feel better Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Almost always Christmas decorations come down day after Christmas....I just want my house clean.  Yesterday was no exception, everything is down, packed away and the house is clean.  I am busy this weekend and then back to a normal work schedule the first of the year.

I have a more winter theme up until early spring, which can not come soon enough!

Respected Contributor

@Azcowgirl wrote:

Oh no! Offering prayers for this little one.

Respected Contributor

I just told a friend the same thing. Everything looks so pretty when the decorations are up but once you take them down everything looks blah

Honored Contributor

@Azcowgirl

🙏🏻 are being sent to you and your family.