Esteemed Contributor

@libbyannE   Oh I understand this one !!  My dear mom loved shiny patent leather.  Sharp high heeled shoes and bags every Spring.  Sleek pencil skirts and crisp white blouses. Lovely platinum jewelry and a string of pearls and clip on earrings. 

I loved suede ghillie shoes with a wooden stack heel and Dooney's original all weather leather. I always loved texture of wool and corduroy.  Natural chunky beads of agate or amethyst. My style is more casual now, but I still gravitate towards the same choices. Still buying pebble grain Dooneys !!  

It is a matter of your personal style and your comfort zone; it is the non verbal message that you send the world.  I have the one year rule:  if I don't touch the item for one year, off it goes to someone who can appreciate it.  Hey, no guilt either.  You are going to make someone very happy.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

@libbyannE   Oh I understand this one !!  My dear mom loved shiny patent leather.  Sharp high heeled shoes and bags every Spring.  Sleek pencil skirts and crisp white blouses. Lovely platinum jewelry and a string of pearls and clip on earrings. 

I loved suede ghillie shoes with a wooden stack heel and Dooney's original all weather leather. I always loved texture of wool and corduroy.  Natural chunky beads of agate or amethyst. My style is more casual now, but I still gravitate towards the same choices. Still buying pebble grain Dooneys !!  

It is a matter of your personal style and your comfort zone; it is the non verbal message that you send the world.  I have the one year rule:  if I don't touch the item for one year, off it goes to someone who can appreciate it.  Hey, no guilt either.  You are going to make someone very happy.  

@hicindy2

I have kept some Dooney All Weather Leather pieces!  I love pebble leather and find I am addicted to the florentine bags and have bought three of the new ones this fall. I agree that we love what we love. I have had variations of the same style forever. It isn't so much a specific style as a tailored and simple approach, which remains the same, although the pieces vary with the times. My winter wardrobe suits me fine -- jeans (blue or black) with a black cashmere turtleneck or sometimes a black mid-calf tunic, depending on the whether the jeans are skinny or not, or a mid-calf black cashmere cardigan with shirt and scarf as ascot at the neck. Maybe the croco would have worked for me in the corporate world, although I doubt I'd have carried it (too new? too, uh, faux?) but it just doesn't seem to fit me at all in my early retirement. Dooney Barlow bag? Yup. The Brenna? Works for me. The new florentine bags? Yes! Any of the older florentine and florentine toledo satchels? Love them. I guess I prefer things to look like what they are -- natural silk, cashmere, wool, denim, saddle leather, and so on. 

Honored Contributor

In short:   Nothing is wrong with you.     My Ma preferred "Queen Elizabeth" handbags.    I've had hobo bags hanging on my shoulder for as long as I can remember..................

♥Surface of the Sun♥