Respected Contributor

what's up with multiple prices for same item?

anyone noticed this?  i have seen it in handbags for sure, and maybe shoes.  price changes depending on the color chosen?  huh?  for instance the frye leather tote. A342281

Honored Contributor

Re: what's up with multiple prices for same item?

Could be that some colors are not selling out as fast. I've seen this happen with clothing too. Great way to save money if you can use the lesser-priced color.

Esteemed Contributor

I have seen it.  I am guessing they overstocked certain colors, sizes.  Makes sense for them to try and move all the inventory at similar rates, it is probably more difficult to move that single color that remains in large qunities at the end when the item is no longer being sold on TV because of the smaller inventory.  As a customer, I say bring me the lower price as soon as you can...

Respected Contributor

Sometimes, out-of-season colors are on sale.  Think of it as a mini clearance sale.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

My observation is that this often happens with best sellers.  If they sell well the price can suddenly go up by about $5.00 on an item.

Honored Contributor

This happens in B & M stores too.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

This happens in B & M stores too.

Yes -- very commonly done online as well, often as seasonal colors change. For example, the "early spring" colors of a t-shirt will be marked down as the "summer" colors become available.

Honored Contributor

It took me a while to figure it out.  The colors that either are not selling well or are very low in inventory are offered at a lower price.  How long has QVC been doing that?