Respected Contributor

Re: suggestions for an organizer for the Bermuda Triangle of purses?

I have 2 different brands of handbag organizers.   For a drawstring or bucket bag I would suggest one of the light weight and very inexpensive mesh and nylon organizers that they sell on ebay.   They come in a various sizes and are very pliable.  You could fit them into the bottom of the bag easily.  And don't be concerned if they have more pockets than you think you need.... you don't have to use all the pockets!

They also make organizers that are long and thin, as opposed to rectangles.  These types of organizers are supposed to be arranged around the edges of the inside of the handbag.   I haven't used this type and I wonder how they stand up since they have no base and no middle.

I've used the mesh/nylon organizers in drawstring handbags and they work nicely.   I hate when my things travel around the inside of a handbag.   BTW,  those mesh/nylon organizers are well under $10.

Good luck.

Esteemed Contributor

@fancy pantsy wrote:

hi @MariotaMurielle  !   gotta admit, i would probably agree with @Kachina624 LOL.   otherwise, if it was me i would probably just use a big make up bag  (because there are so many different styles of make up bags and pouches ... Or, (and i would not want the weight of this) how about using a small clutch inside of your bag?

hi @fancy pantsy, (where've you been?).

I don't want to get rid of my Dooney bags. I like them. I'm just wanting to organize and secure my "stuff" inside the bags. I already have a couple of small mesh bags that I keep things like a compact, lipstick, comb, etc. in.

I've found an organizer now thanks to someone's suggestion.

and I'm keeping my Dooney bags Smiley Happy

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Glad you found something that will hopefully work for you @MariotaMurielle. I tend to use a few zippered cases inside bags that lack organization and that sort of works for me. I've avoided organizers because I know myself well enough to know I'm not going to use it immediately or consistently enough for it to work... Incidentally, I understand liking a bag despite that it might lack certain features we wish it had... Simply because a bag didn't cost a couple of thousand dollars is really no reason for anyone to be dismissive or condescending, though in some instances those sorts of remarks hardly come as a surprise...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

What do you all carry around in those purses?  LOL!!!  I guess I am a minimalist because I travel light.  And I try to clean (dump) out my bag every weekend so stuff doesn't collect in there.  I can't even think what you'd take every day.  Woman Frustrated