Valued Contributor

anyone see that bag on hsn today? says it all leather worth over two hundred dollars? I do not think so? another bag that probably worth 20 dollars?

Honored Contributor

Re: joy mango todays special

If it's like what she's offered in the past, it's thin leather bonded to cardboard.  I didn't know she could do a bag without Iman.  Maybe Iman got sick of her.  I certainly could understand that happening. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

If it's like what she's offered in the past, it's thin leather bonded to cardboard.  I didn't know she could do a bag without Iman.  Maybe Iman got sick of her.  I certainly could understand that happening. 

Yea, I could too... And I swear, I'm not poking fun, but the "Mango" thing cracked me up...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Look!  A long time ago I bought one just like it from her.  It was worth about $20 but not much more.  Not busting on them, just saying not worth much more.

It's in the bottom of the closet.  I never even used the thing.

Trusted Contributor

I don't like having her initials on the luggage or handbags.

Honored Contributor

@henderson wrote:

I don't like having her initials on the luggage or handbags.

@henderson  I love it because my initials are "JM". 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I swear, I don't get these home shopping outfits... Apparently, they're all struggling and yet they keep right on doing what they've been doing as though that's been working out for them.... Did they ever stop to think that maybe people get a little tired of JM and her supposed 'wonder' products that rarely turn out to be wonderful... Likewise QVC and Lori Greiner... and so on and on and on...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Maybe it's worth over $200 to someone else, but not to me. 

Esteemed Contributor

I've bought her handbags twice & sent them back both times.They feel very cheap & don't have that leather look or smell!!

She always says her stuff is better than the rest  for a better price.Nothing I've purchased from her has lasted that long.

I love her hangers but they do break.I bought her Clothing steamer about 4 times.Each one lasted about a year & stopped working just after the warranty period was over.I'm done with it.I also bought her pillow.She said it's guaranteed not to flatten.Well you guessed it.It flattened out in a matter of months! I bought her mop.The one that launched her into super stardom.It was too heavy & cumbersome for me.I sent it back.My inexpensive Swiffer does a better job.

Esteemed Contributor

Saw that set last night and thought it quite odd that instead of showing the details of this multi-piece set, they spent all their time talking about the variety of colors and how smart it is to buy several sets. I don't think Joy ever specified what kind of leather. Could be from cats for all I know.

If they showed the back, bottom, or inside of the leather handbag, I missed it. I also never saw a closeup of any of the pieces.
Joy told us the fabric we can expect to see on the inside of the bag, but I never saw her or host open a bag.
The other pieces were just there, on set. I didn't see them open any of them. Maybe I missed it.

I did hear a long chat with a caller who'd bought 9.

They're selling a 5 piece set for $50.
Is that handbag worth $20 bucks?
Well, let's see.
Leather processed dyed, and cut; fabric, shiny big zippers, thread, assembly, overhead, shipping from China or wherever,
Joy gets a cut.
HSN gets a cut.
Somebody has to pay for that 'free' shipping.
I'll keep my $50, but I'd love to read comments in few weeks from someone who ordered and has put the set to daily use.