Honored Contributor

Re: handbags made from baby lambs

@RainyDayGal wrote:

Personally, I don't think there is any need to eat lamb or veal.  Yes, we all have choices and can decide. I just think it's sad.  Even my dad, who was a huge beef eater, refused to eat veal.  The thought of eating baby animals sickens and saddens me beyond belief.  (I have given up eating red meat completely.)

And it's kind of funny that someone mentioned this is how it's always been done.  I just think of all the things currently people are trying to change. Just something to think about.

@RainyDayGal    What do you propose we do with young male dairy calves for which there is no use?   No one want a bull for a pet as they eat a lot and are expensive to keep. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@STYLE wrote:

I agree, it is disgusting.  with advances in textile technology there isn't any reason humans have to adorn themsellves with helpless animals.

The Advances in textile technology for faux leather and faux skins to adorn yourself with is made of petro chemicals which are not good for you or the earth.  Unintended Consequences to advancement of any kind.  Enjoy your petro chemical faux garments @STYLE .

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

This conversation is becoming unfortunate. I have made a choice for my self to minimize eating meat of all kinds. I elected to stop eating veal and lamb many years ago. I have not given up meat completely but don't eat it often. I also have chosen for myself not to purchase lamb leather bags, though I do buy leather bags. Others are free to make their own choices and follow the dictates most important to them and the bottom line is that no one needs to like or even agree with choices individually made.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Everyone needs to think about what their leather is.  If it's a skin of an animal it is considered leather.  Doesn't matter if it's a lamb, ham, sham, duck, cluck, what?

Snakes, do you feel sorry for snakes?  Skins of snakes are used to fashion genuine leather.  Buffalo hides or cowboys.   Cow's leather; all kinds of leather.  Lamb/Sheep etc is just another type of leather.

Faux leather can be just about any chemical.  Stop trying to make people who prefer the genuineness and softness and feel of products they enjoy because you prefer not to.  You don't count.  What counts is the person who enjoys it.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life