Honored Contributor

Re: handbag color advice needed

I have the zip zip in that I believe is the color you mentioned (caramel color).  

I've never used it.  I thought about sending it back but never did.

I'll take a picture of it and send it to @ECBG because she's a good friend of mine.  I can send her text pictures.

I've often found that the colors on QVC (maybe since it's TV varies).

@ECBG is excellent in putting colors and clothes together.  She often does it for customers where she works.

I'll see if I can do that.  That way maybe it will help with the color ideas.

Valued Contributor

Exchange it! You know what's best for YOU. And no, you don't sound outdated at all.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm with the others here - exchange it for a color that is more suitable for you. I looked at the elephant color at Macy's because I thought I was interested in it, but it just didn't do it for me since I tend to like bright colors for my bags - like poppy red or coral. If you don't love the color, you won't ever be that happy with it.

Contributor

Is the elephant considered a true taupe? I agree that most taupes are very neutral and can be worn with anything.

Honored Contributor

Well, as is often the case.  I found the purse and it's not the one I was thinking about.

I just spoke to Cathy on the phone (as I was going to send her the picture) and told her the one I do have is the zip zip but it's the leather one that looks like alligator designs and it's a burgundy color.

So, I apologize for messing up the color and designs.

Honored Contributor

Above all be happy with what you carry!

Image result for fairy godmother with wand

Honored Contributor

@moony I know the Dooney colors elephant and caramel, and from how you describe the colors in your wardrobe, I think caramel would go nicely, especially with the red, yellow, browns and earth-toned prints. Let us know how it turns out. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I personally think "elephant" is a horrible dead color.  I'd never carry it.  If you want a neutral, there are others that are so much more attractive.  I like "desert".

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I love my bubble gum pink zip zip! I pull it out every spring after the long dark winter-

If your wardrobe are all neutrals, try a bright attention-getter color!  Have fun with it! 

Honored Contributor

Dooney's elephant color is one of my favorite colors they do.  On the other hand, I tend to shy away from the caramel tones and all things orangey.   I think either shade works with your wardrobe colors, so you should choose the color you like better.

From experience, I have never really "grown to like" a color.  Doesn't happen; exchange it for what you like from the get-go.