Honored Contributor

Re: do you keep handbags out of dust cover for storage?

I have 8 bags stored in their dust bags (if they came with them) on the top shelf of my closet. I always put them back in their bags on the top shelf if I am not carrying them.
Valued Contributor

I tried dust bags but could never figure out which was which, even with tags. I haven't used them in years.
Respected Contributor

I never use the dust bags, I like looking at my bags and if they weren't visible, I'd forget I own most of them.  I line the current season's bags on the top shelf of my bedroom closet.  I line up the out of season bags on the top shelf of the hall closet.  I am thinking of a more creative and attractive way to store and showcase my handbags. 

Valued Contributor

Last night I took all my good leather/other handbags out of the Brighton boxes in which they were stored. I put them, in dust bags, in a lidless plastic bin so they can store more easily but won't be trapped in plastic. I need to clean and condition my Perlina and the leather on my MZ Wallace. Also this is helping me decide what to keep and what to purge/sell. Since I just got the Tignanello Park Avenue, at least two bags need new homes. Personal deal I made with myself. Same for shoes. One pair in, 1 or more pairs out.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I keep all my bags in a wood chest in their dust covers... or white pillow cases if the bags are a light colored leather.

Super Contributor

I have quite a few bags, and fortunately my master bedroom closet is large enough that there is adequate shelving for them.  I never use dust covers for any of them.  I do keep tissue paper stuffing in them when I'm not carrying a bag, to retain their shape, if they aren't structured.  I don't baby my bags.  I've spent a lot for most of them, and I don't buy them to sit on the shelves.  I carry them and enjoy them, and don't worry that  something could happen to any of them, due to weather, or something spilling on them, etc.  If a bag would be damaged....it's just a purse, regardless of the brand...and I carry another one.