Valued Contributor

Re: do you keep handbags out of dust cover for storage?

After years of fighting to find them in their bags, even with labels, I took mine out last year and just keep them on the closet shelves. A few more expensive, dressy ones are still in their bags. So far, no dust, or color transfer. I keep my leather boots in the same closet and boy, does it smell good in there. Now what do I do with all the dust bags?
Honored Contributor

On 3/25/2015 athenian said: After years of fighting to find them in their bags, even with labels, I took mine out last year and just keep them on the closet shelves. A few more expensive, dressy ones are still in their bags. So far, no dust, or color transfer. I keep my leather boots in the same closet and boy, does it smell good in there. Now what do I do with all the dust bags?

Send them to meSmile I use other cloth bags for everything. I have some small ones that I use to put my shoes and handbags in when we travel.

Super Contributor

On 3/25/2015 vaccinia said:

If the handbag was expensive enough to come with a dust bag, that's where it is stored.

I think we just identified my problem Smile My handbags are apparently not expensive enough.

Not applicable

Some of my handbags does not come with a dust covers as well.

I bought dust cover by CloverSac, the material over 300 thread counts making it light and breathable which feel like my pillow case.

Regular Contributor

I use dust covers if I have them. Otherwise, I hang them.

Esteemed Contributor

I use the dust bag and have a label attached to each dust bag and store them in a wicker basket. Yes, I still have to rifle through the basket and it is a pain, but not as painful as changing out my bag for the day. I find myself too lazy to change out my handbags like I should. I've stopped buying them.
Esteemed Contributor

I use those large shipping labels with the strings on them. I,write info about the bag tie the tag to the bag drawstring. I Store them upright on shelves on a armoire so a quick glance at the tag finds me the bag I want.
Respected Contributor

Never store handbags in plastic bags or boxes. I use dust covers on dark handbags and white pillow cases on light color handbags. When I can, I try to match the pillowcase to the color of the handbag. Makes searching easier.

Frequent Contributor

I keep my bags in their dust covers for protection.
Respected Contributor

I do keep most of my handbags in their dust bags or old pillow cases.  I am running out of room and like your idea of storage containers!