Honored Contributor

I like the look of using a zipper that matches the color of the bag but I see on reviews that some ladies prefer the look of a metal zipper on all  bags. I think that is fine on a purse for everyday use but esp. for a dressy purse I want the zipper to blend in and kinda dissappear. What is your preference?

Respected Contributor

I think for an "evening" bag with a zipper, I'd want it to blend in. I'm fine with the regular metal zippers on my work & casual bags.

Honored Contributor

I'm not obsessive about it either way, but simply think the zipper should 'work' with the bag, overall. That said, I don't like plastic zippers at all.  I don't tend to carry that many dressy evening bags, so it's not a huge factor for me...  

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I was surprised to read on reviews that some ladies would not buy a purse unless it had a metal zipper. I really prefer a plastic zipper that matches the purse. However, I do not really pack a lot of stuff into my purse so the zipper is not stressed like some ladies.

Honored Contributor

I couldn't tell you what color zipper any of my pocketbooks have.  I guess I have no preference.

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

I couldn't tell you what color zipper any of my pocketbooks have.  I guess I have no preference.

To tell the truth I don't usually notice either but when I was reading reviews on some bags apparently other women notice quite a lot. They actually won't even consider a bag that doesn't have a metal zipper.

Trusted Contributor

I'm waiting this trend out.  I much prefer the original D &B , Michael Kors, Coach etc with hidden, leather encased zippers.

A moto done right is a thing of beauty and I have my share but I think exposed zippers on most bags on the Q are done for profit ( like plastic bottoms and trim and handles on a bag sold as "all lether" because they are better for areas subject to wear .  what?)

Esteemed Contributor

I want top of the line zippers on my bags no matter if they are plastic or metal. My pet peeve are cheap zippers that stick and scratch.