Honored Contributor

Re: Your thoughts on Vera Bradley

@fairydogmother   NOPE!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

No, I wouldn't buy one. I don't like fabric with big prints. I prefer leather bags. 

Respected Contributor

My gym bag is a VB weekender tote.  It's lightweight, fits in my locker, and has lots of pockets.  I have a few of the matching accessories.  

I would never carry one as a handbag.  They look like potholders.

Honored Contributor

I'm not much for prints on a handbag but I do like VB for a tote I use for hair care products, glasses case, and cosmetic bags.

Respected Contributor

As with many others I don't use the handbags, but I have a ton of accessories and travel totes. I gifted it for years.  I've bought beach towels, makeup bags, lanyards, notebooks and pens. I would say many of mine are from when they were made in Fort Wayne IN.  I have totes from 2010-2012 that look brand new.  I've gifted many, many diaper bags for new moms.  I personally do not want the prints for my handbags, but love the accessories. iPad cases, make up bags, pill boxes. The older prints were fabulous.  

Respected Contributor

I haven't checked their website in years, but they did have solid colors in the past. I know black and navy for certain.

Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother I have 2 VB purses. One was given to me by my sister after a trip to St. Louis where she bought it. A couple of years ago she told me to go to the website and choose another one!

I like them both a lot. I've never been a "purse person" as my habit was to go to Penney's and buy a nice purse, use it until it wore out and then do the same.

I've often been stopped and asked "Is that a Vera Bradley purse?" by strangers, usually at Safeway!

Respected Contributor

When my daughter was in middle school (about 17 years ago), all of the girls used Vera bags as their school gym bags.  They all just HAD to have one.  Now I never see anyone wearing them.  I have a couple of makeup bags that I still use from that brand but nothing else.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a zillion bags but I love carrying my little VB bag because it's lightweight and keeps things very organized. I use my All-In-One bag. It's neat and petite.
My better bags just sit around patiently waiting their turns. 

Honored Contributor

I've purchased many VB accessories over the years.  Bought one handbag,and never used it.  I donated it after I'd had it for a few years.  I hope someone else liked it and used it.  

I loved the print, but it just didn't work for my wardrobe.  I don't think any of the prints work for me.