Contributor

Re: Your all-time favorite G.I.L.I. handbag?

It is a tie for me...

Roma original in black

Roma 2 in natural ostrich

Frequent Contributor

the original vintage brown stirrup hobo

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

a253949.001.jpeg

I missed out on this lovely! Congratulations on scoring it, tsj!

Honored Contributor

Original large Roma in black pebble. Hands down. Hope it lasts forever (if not wishing for a restock someday)!

Valued Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

a253949.001.jpeg

@1Professor you can get it on the bay for $200!!! I saw it recently. It comes and goes.

Valued Contributor

Mine is the Roma 2, I have it in black and just ordered an  "as is" in blush, I hope it still looks nice. I did order the last TSV in the light grey and I think it is really cute and looks like it's made well but it is just too shallow for all that I carry. Still undecided on whether to keep it or not.

Respected Contributor

I like my GILI Milano hobo A259454, the only one I own. I get compliments on it, and the slouchy look is great. It's not as fun to dig in as the Dooney totes, but I've been carrying all week and really enjoying how it looks. 

I like good handbags but won't plunk down buckets of cash for LV, etc. Dooneys and GILI are expensive looking and not cheap bags but they really make me feel well-dressed.

hobo.jpg

Respected Contributor

@tough_kitty wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

a253949.001.jpeg

@1Professor you can get it on the bay for $200!!! I saw it recently. It comes and goes.

It was on eBay (new) for about $150 off the original Q price last week, sold Tuesday. Didn't buy it because it was a seller I've bought two bags from and they REEKED of cigarettes. Sigh. It takes leather forever to get rid of that odor, plus THIS bag is famous for the leather smell.

Valued Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@tough_kitty wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

a253949.001.jpeg

It was on eBay (new) for about $150 off the original Q price last week, sold Tuesday. Didn't buy it because it was a seller I've bought two bags from and they REEKED of cigarettes. Sigh. It takes leather forever to get rid of that odor, plus THIS bag is famous for the leather smell.

Oh wow, that's terrible Smiley Sad and YES, the leather smell of this bag is amazing!!! Smiley Happy 

Respected Contributor

Without hesitation the Roma 2 in Cream Snake.  When I go on a trip, I always take the Roma 2.  It is just the perfect size.