Honored Contributor

DSCN0109.JPG

DSCN0123.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@SharkE  I bought three.

Two for your gift closet and one to keep? Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Just a word of caution regarding pre-loved high end handbags.  Before you buy make sure you know the service that is authenticating them, that they know what they are doing and will give you some kind of guarantee of authenticity.  Some services are very good, some are really not.   I can only speak to Louis Vuittons and know that the counterfeits are now extremely good.   So good that even "the experts" are okaying as authentic LV's that may only have one mistake to identify them as not authentic.  To pay that kind of money for a handbag that is fake (albeit by mistake and not on purpose) is a trap that I don't want anyone to fall into.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

The resale luxury bag business is huge with entire sites devoted to just that niche. I love luxury bags (currently waiting on a Gucci crossbody to be dilivered), but I love the whole experience of shopping in the store and unboxing a brand new bag. 

Everyone has different ideas about "value". I've had some bags for nearly 30 years and they have increased in value and they still look amazing. I've been able to pass on to my daughter some of the same bags I used when I was in school, so I consider those purchases great values.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson