Honored Contributor

Re: Yay or Nay: Accessorizing Your Handbags?

My new LV bag came w/ a brass lock. Why would someone hang any bling keychains or charms on an expensive bag?

Honored Contributor

@PurpleBunny. I have a few keychains (more simple) w/ that clip closure that I clip on an inside ring in my bag if one is provided. Maybe these are really meant for keys.

Honored Contributor

@LIG1 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

No tricked out bags for me. As for guitar straps, they're for guitars... Some charms might have appeal, but it would be the rare one I'd use... I'm not a fan of things dangling and jingling from my bag... I wear jewelry so my bag doesn't have to...

Oh darn @stevieb, just when I thought I had stumbled across a new idea for all of my mandolin straps...LOL 

@LIG1... Looks like you're in the market for a new mandolin... 

Woman LOL

By the way, loving your new avatar...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Grnidkjun wrote:

@Suhse wrote:

@PurpleBunny wrote:

I'm a nope - I never really "got" the whole purse charm thing. In fact, I took the padlocks off my LV's and the double G hang tags off my Gucci bags so I won't lose them! 

Speaking of Gucci-from the NM website and $5900!

I know it's all about personal taste, and bless the pointed little heads, of anyone who has basically $6,000 to spend on their bag..

I'm sure the quality is superb, and maybe it's me, maybe, I just have awful taste 😳, But I think this bag is hideous! 

It probably is me: why would Gucci make them if no one would buy them ? Nope, I still think it's one ugly bag😃IMG_2007.PNG

That's a big Nope for me.

Nothing appealing about it at any price that I see, let alone the price it's going for...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I like some of the charms.... one in particular I loved (from Joan Rivers, a couple of cherries) that I switched between two Louis Vuitton Special Edition Cerises (Cherry) bags I used to own.... one was the Speedy and the other was the Petit Bucket.  I had more compliments on the combo of the charm and the bag than anything else I carried.....  it was fun!

I stil own the JR charm but have since sold the two bags even though I loved them (the Speedy was the 25 and the zip top would scratch my hand every time I went in or out, and the Petit Bucket was just a little too small for all my stuff)....  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

Kathy Van Zealand (was that her name ?) used to put charms on her bags, I have a few of those even after all these years, I love them personally!

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@PurpleBunny. I have a few keychains (more simple) w/ that clip closure that I clip on an inside ring in my bag if one is provided. Maybe these are really meant for keys.

I carry so many keys, I would break it!  I look like a custodian. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Respected Contributor

Occasionally, I'll throw some on a nylon bag. I always carry a black nylon bag off and on and have for years, and when I'm really in need of a little pick me up, on goes a bag charm. After a few days of dealing with it kind of getting caught up in something ... off it comes again. But I do love them, they can be such a trigger for the impulsivity weakness cuz they are so cute.

Honored Contributor

no

Honored Contributor

I have quite a few Kate Spade bags but mine are on the conservative side.  No charms for my bags, thank you.    Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength