Super Contributor

Re: Would you feel comfortable buying handbags from Ebay?

I've purchased them for years. And sold them. I have a Dooney for sale right now, as a matter of fact. I've never had a bad experience yet.

Respected Contributor

@qualityshopper wrote:

There's a Patricia Nash handbag on QVC that I so want to buy, but it's just too expensive. Found the same thing on Ebay for less than half the price on here, but I can't help but wonder if it's for real. Says it's brand new and with the price tags, but I don't see how it can be the real deal. I mean, after all, if this isn't a fake, then why would the seller not ask more. What do you all think about buying name brands on Ebay? Thanks.

I think you will be ok and safe buying Patricia Nash bag . Many bbrands are fine to buy there. I would  never purchase the super serious brands there like Chanel, Luis Vuitton,etc. though.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I absolutely would would be comfortable buying a bag on eBay. I think the woman who bought my Gucci bag on eBay was both comfortable and happy that she did, too!

Valued Contributor

I just purchase a new with tags Dooney Zip/Zip in Elephant.  Love the color.  It was about $40 less and free shipping and no tax.  Beautiful bag

No issues

Respected Contributor

I have bought and sold on eBay for over 18 years.
You have to know your item. Ask picky questions about odors, etc. It might not occur to people. And two, they're used to the item, so it might not smell badly.
No 9ne makes fake Patricia. Nash
It's not that kind of brand
They're not counterfeiting contemporary Dooney--thanks to TJ Maxx and deep discounts. It's a different market now.
Vintage Dooney is a problem. High end luxury and MK bags that's where you have to be careful.
Trusted Contributor

@qualityshopper wrote:

There's a Patricia Nash handbag on QVC that I so want to buy, but it's just too expensive. Found the same thing on Ebay for less than half the price on here, but I can't help but wonder if it's for real. Says it's brand new and with the price tags, but I don't see how it can be the real deal. I mean, after all, if this isn't a fake, then why would the seller not ask more. What do you all think about buying name brands on Ebay? Thanks.

I have purchased several bags on Ebay and I have never had a problem.

Make sure to really look at all of the pictures.  If the seller is not giving you enough good, close up pictures, either ask for more or skip that seller.

If you buy something and you suspect it's fake, Ebay has a guarantee to only sell "real" items.  You will get your money back.

Many sellers have items they bought and never used or they received them as gifts that were never used.  They are not going to keep it and they are not going to just give it away.  That's where Ebay comes in.

I bought three new Dooney bags [at least $300 each reail] from a seller for about $50 each.  Why?  She needed cash fast.  She even sent me a separate thank you card telling me that my purchase helped her out.

I registered all three bags with Dooney.  She sent everything with each bag just as if I had bought it from QVC or direct from Dooney.

I say go for it.

Trusted Contributor

I like Radley, so I have been buying it on eBay.  There is a lot and the prices are better than on the Radley website, with its discounts/sales.  I only buy new - not used.  I did buy some of the Selena Gomez Coach pieces on eBay - also new.  I have saved at least 50% on each item.

Super Contributor

Yes I would as long as I could verify it was authentic. Also the seller would have to have very good feedback.  Every now and again I will browse over there to LOL at the ridiculous knockoffs people are trying to sell.

I am not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.
Honored Contributor

I haven't recently but I have purchased some Brighton bags in the past as well as a Coach & Dooney...They were fine.

Check to be sure that you can return it if you're not happy & check the reviews.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@qualityshopper ,

Yes providing that the seller has good ranking, free shipping, &making sure that the price is not too good to be true🌻