Respected Contributor

Re: Would love HONEST opinions of this Brahmin bag, please

@Tinkrbl44   Retail... $285.  I bought it for $160.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@ItsME wrote:

I saw this in the store today, and really fell for it.  I preferred a couple other shapes, but like this size, and I kind of like the unusual shape.  It's prettier in person, and looked nice on my small frame.  It's 30% off, and if I open a charge account, I'll get an extra 20% off.  It's so tempting!  But so expensive!

I've never had a bag from this line, and it would be for everyday use.   Any and all honest opinions would be appreciated!  I have to decide tonight or tomorrow morning.

@ItsME 

I consider price an important consideration, so it's difficult to give an opinion.   It would matter very much if it was on sale for $50.00 .... or $5,000.00.

@Tinkrbl44I have this bag in opal and love it.  I carry it when I don't want or need a large bag.  It is perfect and so easy to get into.  

Trusted Contributor

@Pecky
@ItsME

Oh ladies...my Brahmin habit (AKA "addiction") continues!
Today I received an email showing their 100 new fall styles and I fell hard for a black and white faux snakeskin bag called The Talia. It is a very small belt bag, and it's convertible between an old-school fanny pack, a shoulder bag and a crossbody. I thought it would be perfect for my vacation in December.
12 Step Program Needed IMMEDIATELY! 😁
Did you ladies see all their new fall styles?
Respected Contributor

@MarnieRez3   I haven't seen them, but looked this one up.  It's darling!  Enjoy!!!

Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 wrote:
@Pecky
@ItsME

Oh ladies...my Brahmin habit (AKA "addiction") continues!
Today I received an email showing their 100 new fall styles and I fell hard for a black and white faux snakeskin bag called The Talia. It is a very small belt bag, and it's convertible between an old-school fanny pack, a shoulder bag and a crossbody. I thought it would be perfect for my vacation in December.
12 Step Program Needed IMMEDIATELY! 😁
Did you ladies see all their new fall styles?

@MarnieRez3It is so pretty.  I really like it.  I have been stalking the new  fall styles.  I purchased the Folkland in platinum and just love it.  Then I saw the Carla Newberry which is on pre order.  I need a 12 step program too! 

Trusted Contributor

@ItsME
Thank you, my friend! I think it is very small, but good for travel.
@Pecky
Yes, "stalking" is a good word for it! Okay, I looked up your Folkland in Platinum...stunning! Love that snake print. Enjoy it!
Omg...that Carla Newberry bag is GORGEOUS. I'm deleting the Brahmin email tonight showing all their new fall bags. Too much delicious temptation and Lord knows I do NOT need another handbag.
Thank you for indulging me, fellow Brahmin lovers! 🧡
Trusted Contributor

It's a pretty bag, but I don't support that brand or others in that price range. I feel some of these extremely priced bags is just greed, no bag can need to be that expensive. You think you will carry it for life, but you will find more you like better down the road. Also, they are luring you in for more purchases with the two discounts.  Don't get me wrong I don't support really cheap bags either. They don't last. But there are very good brands in the middle. You didn't mention the price. I would look online for other brands that are good designer brands less expensive.

It's always a good idea on expensive things to sleep on it a night or two. Sometimes you lose that immediate desire to grab it, and you can move on. But that's why they want a decision by tonight, so you won't change your mind and make that impulse buy.

Good luck with whatever you decide. ♥

Respected Contributor

The color is pretty for summer, but the style is not anything I would choose for myself....   I love Brahmin bags, they last forever and look good from year to year...

Regular Contributor

Brahmin bags are great. Will last forever. I like it but I think if you love it, get it.
Honored Contributor

N19-914--00233-2.jpg

I bought a Brahmin bag today. Clearance in TJ Maxx for $99. Was 140. It's $285 on Brahmin site. It's called the Charleston Sonny.

Crossbody and a decent amount of room sold me on it, and the leather is beautiful. I fell in love with it on my bday, what can I say? Certainly didn't need it.  It has a Ralph Lauren look to me and I love that.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"