Honored Contributor

Re: Why is Dooney selling clearance?

[ Edited ]

Well, supposedly it is Dooney Days, so maybe they are just actually trying to move into the 21st century with sales and clearance. On the other hand, the current program guide only goes to 1/24 but after 1/3 it doesn't appear there are more Dooney shows scheduled, though I don't personally think they're going anywhere.

I don't really care what they do. I'm pretty much a 'former' QVC customer these days, and like the other 10 brands they seem to show incessantly, for me, they've pretty much run Dooney into the ground. An individual choice, but for some time now, I haven't been able to keep religiously watching Dooney shows and seeing pretty much the same bags shown over and over and over... One thing for certain, when I think 'variety' I don't think of QVC.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@stevieb i know!  Sometimes i think they are just a parody of themselves!  LOL!  

Respected Contributor

Hmmm. Something is happening.

Note the NEXT Dooney show is all clearance?

Handbag Clearance - Dooney - All Easy Pay Offers
Saturday, January 02, 2016
10:00 - 12:00 AM PST

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@1Professor wrote:

Hmmm. Something is happening.

Note the NEXT Dooney show is all clearance?

Handbag Clearance - Dooney - All Easy Pay Offers
Saturday, January 02, 2016
10:00 - 12:00 AM PST

Lot of different clearance shows early am.  There is another show on Sunday Jan 3 at 5.   I thought it was strange that Sue C. was doing the last handful of shows.  And in the wee hours too.  Odd.  

Four shows Jan 30-31.  

Honored Contributor

I really just think it's the clearance time of year.  The spring stuff will be featured soon, with all of the lights, brights and pastels that I'm not crazy about. (And don't get me started on the prints.)  Handbag season is best in the fall IMO. 

Esteemed Contributor

It's interesting that the "as is" Dooneys don't all show up under the regular handbag catergory either, you have to type in as is into the QVC search engine to find all of the as is Dooneys. i wonder if these Dooneys will end up on Zulily?

Respected Contributor

The end is near when they stop adding Logo Lock colors! 😂😂😂

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

The end is near when they stop adding Logo Lock colors! 😂😂😂

Woman Very Happy Isn't THAT the truth !!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My take on it is that the Q didn't sell as many Dooney bags as they did in previous holiday seasons. That's likely due to their non-discounted prices and high, non-refundable shipping charges; and also an over-saturation of the brand. So now they're stuck with an over-abundance of inventory that they need to clear out of the warehouses in preparation for the spring selling season.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Could be @handygal2... I think they're going to find that their narrow branding is going to mean oversaturation in a lot of areas. Dooney would certainly be one. Although there are exceptions, of course, most of us don't buy THAT many bags to warrant multiple multi-hour shows several times a week. They've become as boring as anything else offered here.