Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why are the Kipling bags so expensive?

The bag is cute but to big for me. I could almost use it as a carryon. I like some of the medium Kipling bags but only use them on trips as my carryon item. I then put my small purse in it.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

The bag is cute but to big for me. I could almost use it as a carryon. I like some of the medium Kipling bags but only use them on trips as my carryon item. I then put my small purse in it. 

Same here! To large for me. Love cross body (small) perfect.

Honored Contributor

Personally, I have a limit to what I pay for purses. I refuse to basically pay too much to get a bag because of the name on it. To me part of the fun is searching for the right bag at the right price. I would not pay this for those Kipling bags. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Baggalini i is another lightweight nylon-ish bag.

I just got a Kipling at an outlet mall, medium sized bag, $48.  That’s about what I like to pay, tho’ I’ve paid more and I’ve paid less. I have bought several bags at Marshall’s type stores over the years. The high end pricey bags, no thanks. I can have more fun with my money than that!

Edited to add: it's the Waylon.  Just saw on Amazon for $70.

Honored Contributor

I personally didn’t think they’re too expensive. They’re great bags. 

But, I will say this. The ones that I’ve bought have been either directly from Kipling and they run terrific sales and offer free shipping, at least some of the time. 

I also buy from Macys. I just ordered one a day or two ago for a gift. $109 marked down to $65.40. I then got 20% off that AND had $10 Macy’s dollars to apply to it. And free shipping. Now, THAT’S a great deal. 

As for the prints, I own the Alvar style in the Flower Power pattern. I’ve gotten lots of compliments on it. It’s a great pattern.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@Another new name Suewrote:

Baggalini i is another lightweight nylon-ish bag.

I just got a Kipling at an outlet mall, medium sized bag, $48.  That’s about what I like to pay, tho’ I’ve paid more and I’ve paid less. I have bought several bags at Marshall’s type stores over the years. The high end pricey bags, no thanks. I can have more fun with my money than that!

@Another new name Sue- I just bought my first Baggalini on Monday. On sale at Von Maur. It’s a great bag. $88 marked down to $54. You’re right. Another great, lightweight bag. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Shop for Kipling elsewhere and you won't pay this high a price. The sooner some realize QVC is not the only retail resource the sooner they'll start to realize pricing here isn't always competitive. After all, somebody has to pay for that three channel 24-7 operation, all the vendor appearances, hosts, and TV technical and production folks and that someone is us...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I'm not at all impressed with this brand.  Very ordinary, like something you'd see at Target or Walmart.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They're nicely made, durable usually nylon bags and far less costly than some of the new 'designer' nylon brands out there... That said, almost all the designer brands offer something in nylon, but this was one of the originals. I sort of like the brand, but as with any nylon, a few bags is all I really want. I have no desire to form a collection of synthetic fabric bags... Kipling makes good bags, but I see them at the TJX stores often at a fraction of the price. I have a few but don't want any more, unless I see a shape, size or design that really stands out.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

wrote:

They're nicely made, durable usually nylon bags and far less costly than some of the new 'designer' nylon brands out there... That said, almost all the designer brands offer something in nylon, but this was one of the originals. I sort of like the brand, but as with any nylon, a few bags is all I really want. I have no desire to form a collection of synthetic fabric bags... Kipling makes good bags, but I see them at the TJX stores often at a fraction of the price. I have a few but don't want any more, unless I see a shape, size or design that really stands out.

Agree.  Except for some reason Marshalls and Maxx seldom have black, and that's really the only color that interests me in nylon.  However, with a little sleuthing it's not too difficult to get a better deal.  Cough, cough, Ebay.