Honored Contributor

Re: Why Some Love the Louis Vuitton Speedy Handbag

[ Edited ]

@1Professor wrote:

@stevieb & LV bag lovers:

Regarding the detachable strap.

LV now has a wardrobe of straps, many so much fun and wider (better for shoulder). I'm going to check them out (no more expensive than any LV accessory):

louis-vuitton-bandoulière-monogram-monogram-canvas-small-leather-goods--J02286_PM2_Front view.jpg

louis-vuitton-bandoulière-epi-epi-leather-small-leather-goods--J02298_PM2_Front view.jpg

louis-vuitton-bandoulière-monogram-monogram-canvas-small-leather-goods--J02288_PM2_Front view.jpg

Very, very cool @1Professor... Woman Surprised

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@LIG1

So true it's a wonderful blessing to have had a "dear" friend like him...I just keep waiting for him to come thru the back door and chat! 

I'm hoping to get down to LV store this weekend to check it out. 

Thank you for your kind words...I need them more than ever my heart is so sad for my family I just don't know how we are going to get thru it!😰😪

Valued Contributor

LV was never on my radar until I came across the Melie. It spoke to me and I listened! Love my new bag!! ❤️👜❤️

Contributor

yes dear i certainly agreed i bought my first LV speedy in 1989 and still have it. I used it for years as the purse  I could take golfing with me since i could throw it in the back of the cart and wipe it off with a damp cloth when i got home. I still have it today and its in great shape  It in the closet as i'm using the LV Alma bag now. love the shape and how duable they are. I gave my daughter a LV Speedy for Christmas when she was in college and she's 41 now and still has it. don't think thry ever go out of style. cherrio !

Regular Contributor

I have found that there are even some really excellent fakes, that are hard to distinguish from the real thing!!!  I'm not saying there aren't reputable eBay seller, but you need to be careful.  I bought an LV blue bag from gilt, thought it was a fake because it had NO date tag inside.  I brought it to a local LV store, and they authenticated it for me, plus gave me paper to show it is real!!!!  Enjoy your LV bag!!!!💖

Honored Contributor

wow....spent about 2 hours on Sunday in LV store. The sales person was so patient, nice -- I went in to get the bag I loved BUT I now like the new tote style with zipper. I think it was called Iena & the other was Pallas (one I really liked).

I'm new at this venture (was gifted) so the sales lady kindly told me to think about it before I purchase & when I decide come back. I'm heeding to her advice & am going to wait.  I'll be traveling to my sisters (she's a collector for over 30 years & has a lot of bags, etc.) so I'll go with her -- I know I'll come out with one w/all the accessories I'm sure!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 wrote:

wow....spent about 2 hours on Sunday in LV store. The sales person was so patient, nice -- I went in to get the bag I loved BUT I now like the new tote style with zipper. I think it was called Iena & the other was Pallas (one I really liked).

I'm new at this venture (was gifted) so the sales lady kindly told me to think about it before I purchase & when I decide come back. I'm heeding to her advice & am going to wait.  I'll be traveling to my sisters (she's a collector for over 30 years & has a lot of bags, etc.) so I'll go with her -- I know I'll come out with one w/all the accessories I'm sure!

The sales lady is giving you good advice, so take your time picking out one of these lovelies. I just received my IENA MM tote today and she's a beauty. I had been waiting for a tote with a zipper instead of the one called Neverful I believe. Let us know what you end up with.Smiley Happy