Honored Contributor

Why Don't the Hosts Give the Measurements and Weight of Each Purse?

I wish the hosts would give the measurements and the weight of the purses presented.

I have a very bad back so it makes a difference to me if a purse is heavy (can't carry it).

I think it's Antonella who pulls out her ruler and shows the size of the purse (can't remember who does).

This morning I'd ordered two of the Dooney purses that were reduced $130.  Then I went on my IPAD and read where people said they were heavy and several had the lock break within a year.

I called and canceled due to the weight.  I know often when I look on line they post if it is heavy.  However, often if you want a purse that is popular and you think it is going to sell out, you don't always have time to go on the internet to check out the weight.

I think it would just take an extra minute or two to give more information about the purse (and post it up on the screen) the measurements and estimated weight before anything gets put in it.

Respected Contributor

Re: Why Don't the Hosts Give the Measurements and Weight of Each Purse?

I agree.  Quite often I will really like a bag and even when they put it on their shoulders or hold it, I can't judge if a bag is slightly too big or if it is too heavy.

The first thing they need to do is give the measurement and weight of the bag before they even do the colors.  Sometimes the host goes on and on about how much they want this or that bag and wow my mother would like this, and I don't really care.  I just need to know the specs.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66I was thinking about that same bag but I also worry about the weight.  

Honored Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

I agree.  Quite often I will really like a bag and even when they put it on their shoulders or hold it, I can't judge if a bag is slightly too big or if it is too heavy.

The first thing they need to do is give the measurement and weight of the bag before they even do the colors.  Sometimes the host goes on and on about how much they want this or that bag and wow my mother would like this, and I don't really care.  I just need to know the specs.

@luvmybeetle Excellent advice! The size and weight often determine whether or not I will order. 

Honored Contributor

I think all the Dooney leather bags are heavy.  Just today my hair stylist took my zip zip bag to hang it up and remarked on how heavy it was.  It's practically empty and is one of the smaller bags.  They'll last forever though as they're made if very sturdy leather. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Admittedly, I haven't watched QVC is quite a while, but I do recall the hosts or vendors giving the weight and measurements most of the time. Of course, I can understand where it might get lost in all the verbiage, fake enthusiasm and hard sell that now seem the hallmarks of QVC's hosts. Dooney bags tend to be heavy. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I did not get that bag because I decided it would be another Dooney that would just be sitting in my closet looking nice but too heavy to carry!  I do use my Dooney's some but I am finding they are too heavy to me if it is like a shopping or activity day where I will be lugging it around a lot.  I am currently using a Paricia Nash tote and that is surprisingly light weight.  

Honored Contributor

I've never heard QVC talking about the weight of the purse...ever.

Even in old 1990 days...ever.  Did I miss that one day?

Respected Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

totally agree, host goes on and on but they also hardly ever show the inside and talk about the inside of the bag and what it holds or how many pockets it has. I am interested in the inside of the bag.

Occasional Contributor

I too wish they would give the measurements and weights. I have physical challenges and the weight is very important to me.