Regular Contributor

Who else Has had it With Heavy Bags?

I have some Coach, Burberry (Light so I love) and love their plaid. I have a ton of Dooney. Some Vera Bradley but don't really buy those anymore. As I have gotten older I have found I am really enjoying not carrying leather bags. No more heavy Dooney bags for me. I have found the Lug brand to be very nice in the Crossbody. I love the bag Dooney came out with that was called "The Camden" Nylon Sac. It isn't one of those heavy deep sacs. It is more of a Hobo. It has a leather strap over Nylon and is light in weight. I got this bag in four colors! Lt. Aqua which is gorgeous, a Taupe, Bright fun pink, and a Black. Between these and my Lug crossbodies, I'm set. I do love the Burberry three I have and some other Dooney bags. But I honestly am done with the leathers. Have some Dooney wallets I love . I have not been out here in some time. Got too busy with other things and facebook. But I do love the gals on this forum. Have you all noticed they do not give the weight of handbags anymore? I need to know the weight.                               Even if I'm just looking at a show, they should be giiving us the weight of the bag. Which bag do you tend to buy the most of?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Who else Has had it With Heavy Bags?

I love Le Sport sac and own many purses, totes and weekend ers. These are made of reinforced nylon, light as air and never wear out ( out of 20 I've had over the years, one got a slit in it and went in the trash ).  These wash like a dream.  I buy them at TJ Mass, their outlet or EBay ( used and new ).My family travels a lot and we always carry several with us for overflow, laundry and souvenirs.  Check them out!

Honored Contributor

I've been more or less over Dooney and many of the usual brands for quite some time but I'll never be fully over leather bags. I still occasionally see a Dooney I find appealing but haven't bought one in years. I have a few nylon bags from various makers I like and use, as well as coated fabric and pleather bags for when I seek something lighter, which I sometimes do. I'm not a fan of the Lug brand. They might well be light weight and practical but simply put, overall, I don't find them attractive, appealing or well priced for what they are.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I stopped carry a heavy bag years ago. And as much as I love the quality of Patricia Nash and how cute the patterns and colors are I just can't buy them anymore. I also gave up on Vera Bradley once they went that cheap plastic lining.

I don't mind leather, but I want a soft thin leather. And no chains, tassels, zippers, or other ****** that adds weight. 

My preference in leather has been the small crossbody type bags from Hobo International.

Esteemed Contributor

I still only buy leather bags because I just don't find nylon or cloth all that great but they have to be lightweight. No chains, do dads, or extra fluff. I also like small organizer bags from Brighton so I can eliminate the wallet. If it weighs over 1.5 lbs I won't buy it. I don't carry much anyway so I just need cards, phone, sanitizer keys and a mask. 

Esteemed Contributor

@White Picket Fence  When I stopped working, I stopped carrying a heavy bag.  I have many beautiful bags that I have collected over the years, but my bag of choice now is a Lug wristlet.  It  holds money, credit cards, and my phone, and that is all I need.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Oh my!  I always wanted the big Brahman handbags.  I would pick one after another, but they hurt my back.  I love texture and their colors were wonderful!  

I didn't like the smaller, lighter weight bags in the Brahman line!  I could have easily gotten a great price on employee's double discount day of 20%, then another 20%.

For leather, I prefer the HOBO brand.

Respected Contributor

I carry a Lug crossbody as well. I can afford expensive bags but I've never been into spending on them. I love my Lug crossbody and it just so happens to fit perfect with my lifestyle. 

Honored Contributor

@White Picket Fence 

You might like HOBO brand handbags.  The leather is beautiful and they do only a very small amount of hardware.

See the source image

Honored Contributor

@White Picket Fence you can put me on that list, for sure.  I have several lovely leather bags from a couple of styles back and they are basically new I have carried them so seldom.

The last 2 new bags I bought were both from Vera Bradley, one solid red quilted and one solid black, identical except for color.   

Enough.