Regular Contributor

Who Else Loves LUG Bags?

[ Edited ]

I have all kinds of bags. Burberry, Coach, Dooney, Vera Bradley, and others. So I know I don't need anymore. But one day I saw the girl who started LUG bags on the Q. I didn't fall in love with the patterns the first few years but last year I found several new patterns I loved! I have around eight LUG bags now. I wanted light weight and crossbody. Just last night I switched out my Dooney I do love, but am going to use my red and black buffalo print one I got from LUG. It has a place for everything! Lightweight and can be worn at the shoulder or crossbody. I am nuts about anything in that red and black check. I will be carrying this one from now until next spring. With a switch to a few Dooney crossbody bags here and there. Have you seen their new prints? Anyone else love LUG?

Super Contributor

Re: Who Else Loves LUG Bags?

I also have a few Lug bags.  I like them because they are lightweight and different sections for my belongings. I also have the trolley that I use in my bathroom for my hair products etc.  I also  enjoyed the mini fanny pack over the summer.  I bought one in copper also for the winter.  This one is really convenient for me.  No hands! LOL.  The last hand bag  I ordered is still on waitlist. Ugh.

Esteemed Contributor

Some of the patterns are pretty but I'm not someone who carries a print bag. Plus I like leather. I know they make plain bags and use vegan leather but other than a Fanny pack or maybe a makeup bag I wouldn't buy one. I do like their small bags and often wish companies could make bags like those, only in leather.

Respected Contributor

Yes I'm a lugnut! I prefer the solids for carrying and the prints in accessories like my trolley and mini trolley makeup bags. I also have the travel jewelry case. Bags? Oh you bet- two totes. The Gondola XL for travel. The smaller version is the one I use for taking necessities to my volunteer jobs and to Bible study. 
For daily purses, I have a couple of high quality leather ones (Patricia Nash, Kate Spade). I often switch out between these and my Lug Rangers. Or the Samba Xl. 
Love the Ranger! Everything I need to carry fits perfectly in its own spot. Plus it's so cute like a mini backpack. 
The Lugs that haven't suited me are the crossbody styles like Carousel and Scoop. Something about the shape looks and feels bulky to me. But there's something for every taste in this line. 
sidebar: whenever I switch back to a leather purse from a Lug, I feel like I'm hauling bricks. 😊

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

I have a crossbody that I purchased for vacation (Disney trips).  I used to use a Vera Bradley Disney backpack but even though I didn't carry much in it and the bag itself is light, my back would ache and it was a pain taking it on and off everytime I needed something.  The crossbody is much easier for me, especially with the phone zip pocked in the front.  The plastic water bottle holder inside the bag ripped early after receiving bag and I never used it for a water bottle so that was disappointing.  I like my LUG as my everyday bag especially when food shopping.  I keep it on at all times.  I see so many who leave their bags in the cart and walk away.  I also have the trolley and really like that.  I agree with other poster, not so much into the prints.  Mine ar gray.  I too have other bags like Dooney, coach and Gucci.  I even have a large Dooney florentine I've never used.  Those are special occassion bags now, I don't need those for everyday.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

A Lug fan here. I consider the regular size puddle jumper the best under the seat on board airline bag ever. I have it in the walnut brown and have used it a lot. Still looks brand new.

I have two wallets, the credit card size and regular zip that I use a lot. I have the mini trolley for travel and am carrying the Caravan crossbody (also in walnut brown) daily.

I'll switch to a large leather Pikonos hobo when winter arrives but for now the smaller Lug bag is fine. I piut my sunglasses in the elastic top side pouch. I have another smaller purse but can't remember the name. It's slim so I'm saving it to put into a suitcase when I next travel to use on the destination end.

I have a large puddle jumper like bag in grey which I plan to use for local travel and if I have a hospital stay. Great size and lots of pockets!

I also have two sets of the unstructured totes. Very convenient and sturdy.

What a great product.

Honored Contributor

I have a few.  I've switched from my large leather bags to Lug.  I still would love to carry the large bags, but I just can't handle it anymore.  And I love all the pockets in the Lugs.  I don't have to use cosmetic or plastic bags to keep my stuff organized, which also alleviates some weight.  I also switched to Lug wallets, too.

Every so often I'll take down one of the nice leather bags I kept thinking that I'll carry them for a while.  But as soon as I get my stuff into one and carry it around for two minutes, I'm changing everything back into my Lug!

I don't buy the prints though.  Most of my Lugs are black, which works for me.  I don't like to change purses much nowadays like I used to.

Esteemed Contributor

My absolute favorite LUG item is a backpack I bought a few years ago.  It has been around the world with me and has held up quite well.  So many perfect sized pockets.

I also have three of the cross body/belt bags, as well as one larger cross body bag.

I did go a bit nuts buying too many of the trolly tolietry bags - the big, the small, and the sets of two.  I have way more than I need or will use.  Don't know what I was thinking there, other than there were so many prints that I liked!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

I just bought my first one about 6 weeks ago.  I Love it.  I need one more for winter so will be watching.

Super Contributor

@White Picket Fence  Who loves Lug?  I do I do!