Honored Contributor

White Handbags For Summer... 👍 Or 👎

[ Edited ]

I haven't carried a solid white leather handbag in several years, b/c l've felt that the look is a bit stark, and it's often hard to keep clean. I came across this Sam Edelman woven leather tote online, and l like it in white because of the texture. ETA: The back is solid leather, not woven-- a plus in keeping it clean.

IMG_3913.JPG

How do you feel about white handbags?

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Re: White Handbags For Summer... 👍 Or 👎

The same as I feel about white shoes 👎👎👎

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I like white handbags and shoes in summer, I carry a small white cross body D&B bag in summer.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@handygal2 wrote:

I haven't carried a solid white leather handbag in several years, b/c l've felt that the look is a bit stark, and it's often hard to keep clean. I came across this Sam Edelman woven leather tote online, and l like it in white because of the texture. 

IMG_3913.JPG

How do you feel about white handbags?

It's beautiful.

Just sat down from my bag stash to pull several bags for the  holidays and a white and ivory was included besides a fushia ,2 blues, coral and a red.  

Nothing is as crisp and pretty as  white.  Including shoes.  Woven bags are so elevated and only own a couple If you are not a purist woven white is the way to go.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

The same as I feel about white shoes 👎👎👎

@QVCkitty1: I don't have any solid white shoes, but l do have sandals that have white in them, but they're not solid white. I don't have a logical explanation for this, lol. I guess it's my own personal sense of esthetics.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Super Contributor

I have a couple bone and ivory bags. 

My preference is for a slightly toned down white, but have seen some carry them quite smartly. 

Honored Contributor

Speaking of hard to keep clean, that woven leather would be a dirt magnet and impossible to wipe clean. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@handygal2 I used to always carry a white handbag in the Summer.I haven't in about 8 years.The reason being because they're expensive & very hard to keep clean!!👎

The one in the picture is lovely.If you want it that much & you don't mind the downside then go for it!!👍

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I like the one white bag I have, but I haven't carried it in awhile. It's pebble leather and I haven't had any issues keeping it clean, although I'm careful with where I set all my bags regardless of color. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I have a small white sak crochet bag - like it because it is washable in the washer on gentle. I also have a PVC bag that is a botanical print on a white background. It can be wiped down easily. I wouldn't want to buy a leather white bag.