Respected Contributor

Re: Where do you buy your Louis Vuitton bag?

I have a number of them. One was from Chicago, second and third from Minneapolis. I then did purchase a lovingly used one from The RealReal, a very nice deal on a discontinued bag. I bought one from a friend as well. I have had my Speedy for 35 years.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Valued Contributor

I buy at the boutique in Saks. That's because they will take a Saks gift card. I have a blot of AmEx points and I occasionally will use some to get a Saks gift card. That helps defray some of the cost of an LV. Also Bag, Borrow and Steal sells good quality used
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

From LV (Palo Alto CA) or online.  If I go pre-loved, Yoogi's Closet, eLady or Fashionphile.  All pre-loved have been authentic with great return polices.

Deb

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I only buy from the LV website.

Respected Contributor

Louis Vuitton store in Chicago. Love my LV!!!
Honored Contributor

I have purchased mine from the LV Boutique at the Horton Plaza in San Diego, but have also purchased at the LV counter in Neiman Marcus.  Every Legitimate LV Boutique sells only 100% authentic items.  Counter space at Neiman's is LEASED and the employees behind the counter are 100% Louis Vuitton employees!  Buying from Neiman's, Saks and other counters at the high end dept stores are ALL leased counter space (meaning that LV "owns" the space while the lease is active).... and ALL employees are Louis Vuitton employees.  If the LV counter has a problem with having enough employees at the counter, they bring in OTHER LV employees to help out.

The other way to purchase authentic LVs is from the ONLY site LV owns.  LouisVuitton.com.  That is the only site that offers authentic Louis Vuitton products!  There are no other websites out there and there are no outlets....

Good luck and have fun... they are gorgeous handbags.... Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

If I go pre-loved, Yoogi's Closet, eLady or Fashionphile.  All pre-loved have been authentic with great return polices.

----------------------------------------------------------

I'm familiar with all three and they are excellent pre-loved sellers.....    Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

From the LV boutique in my city.  

Nice to hear about those pre-loved sites!

Trusted Contributor

I have spent serious time at LV.com; just can't justify the price.  Whoever mentioned using AMEX points for Saks is brilliant; I will try that! Heart

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've purchased my LV handbags at three different places: The LV boutique at the Westchester Mall in White Plains, NY;  the LV boutique at Bloomingdale's, also in White Plains (LV leases space there); and online at louisvuitton.com.  And as Q4U mentioned in her post above, that is the only website owned by LV.