Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Where do you buy your Louis Vuitton bag?

@kutira wrote:

I have spent serious time at LV.com; just can't justify the price.  Whoever mentioned using AMEX points for Saks is brilliant; I will try that! Heart

Before you use the points, compare the price after you convert the points into dollars. From what I compared in my bank, the points = way more expensive price in dollars vs if you were to purchase a bag at the store.... It was for other bags, but I'm pretty sure the prices in points are way overpriced. I prefer to convert them to cash instead...

Valued Contributor

I'm the one who uses the points for a Saks card.  I should have added that you should check the AmEx website for "sales" on the Saks gift cards.  I usually wait until they have a sale on the number of points used to get the card.  As for converting the points to cash, I've found that using them for the gift card is more cost effective if I buy the card on sale

Valued Contributor

@shoppergrl wrote:

I'm the one who uses the points for a Saks card.  I should have added that you should check the AmEx website for "sales" on the Saks gift cards.  I usually wait until they have a sale on the number of points used to get the card.  As for converting the points to cash, I've found that using them for the gift card is more cost effective if I buy the card on sale

You are right. Getting a gift card is better than cash. I used to do that with Credit One points, but now I'm using another card with 1.5% cash back. I should probably compare the two and see which one is more profitable.