Esteemed Contributor

Re: When Are You Getting Out Your Main Fall Handbag?

[ Edited ]

mid Sept  till  Oct 1 since  the weather remains  pretty warm in my area all through Sept

Respected Contributor

Most of my bags are seasonless.  I have one that screams summer but about it.

I change my bags up more for what I wear or where I am going.  I try and scale down during summertime and maybe a beefy bag for fall and winter.

Respected Contributor

I will carry this lemon print bag through August.  Not sure yet which bag I will carry in September.

84D2A018-4E9D-4509-854F-C4BBBD40A128.jpeg

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I live in Atlanta.  We will be hot for months still.  September is always hot here.  And October will still be warm.  Like peak leaf colors are usually 1st week in November.  

My purses are all in one place.  I pretty much carry what I want whenever I want.  I did just buy a Brahmin though that is definitely fall colors.  I won't carry that for quite awhile.  

@gidgetgh Same here in central Oklahoma.  And in hot September people are still wearing white a lot with football wear. So I always keep out a pair or two of white pants for brighter hot-day wear and white button downs with pattern. White shoes, bags and all other white pants get put away.

Respected Contributor

I have some beautiful leather handbags but have pivoted to lighter weight bags like Lug crossbody.  I have a torn rotator cuff injury so the leather bags are just too heavy and cumbersome.  In about two or three weeks, I'll switch to my olive green Lug handbag.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Trusted Contributor

I've carried the same neverful for two years to work. Is very convenient and easy access. But I change out on Sunday's to cordinate with what I wear to church or date night with hubby.  I do have a collection of Brahmin that I love and look forward to fall colors. I kinda went that direction today with the first bag and the second one is a recent purchase I can't wait to carry. 
8D91A4FC-68CA-42FD-B71B-1DC2C02A86EC.jpeg
A0BCA124-4BBC-4AC2-8610-E74D5D3A8391.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

I bought a new Michael Kors tote in merlot, with the matching wallet. I'm breaking them out after Labor Day weekend. 

Honored Contributor

I did recently buy this Brahmin and the color name is "Fallstruck". I am going to wait till it gets cooler to carry it.  I just loved the fall colors in this purse.

D08A88CB-851D-41D7-9E51-85A2F48D418F.jpeg

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

I have been really into Vera Bradley handbags for the past few years as there is an outlet store near my beach house.  I change out my bag when I get bored with the current pattern not based on the season. 

Trusted Contributor

I'd never carry a white handbag - too easy to get dirty.