Honored Contributor

What size/style bag do you prefer?

[ Edited ]

I like a medium size purse - aorund 12" wide but I like to have 3 to 5 inches front to back. I also prefer a satchel or a crossbody style -but the little larger crossbody.

Honored Contributor

Re: What size/style bag do you prefer?

Vegan....no leather/animal cruelty.

Honored Contributor

Small cross body bag and a large tote to put it in.

Honored Contributor

I like them 12-14" wide, only about 3" deep, and I like both handles and a shoulder strap.  I like zip, outside pockets front and back and a slip pocket with a magnet on the back.  No drawstring or totes or backpacks. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I like:

medium size

lots of outside pockets

magnetic closure

nylon body

light-colored interior

Esteemed Contributor

my days of carrying large heavy leather bags are long over...i am now carrying a travelon bag with zippers front back and top...crossbody..

the bag itself is very light weight so its up to me as to how heavy it is once i put things in it...

while not the most attractive bag it suits my lifestyle now...

Respected Contributor

I just bought a new Kipling cross body bag. It's around 12" x8". Has lots of pockets and it's lightweight. I got tired of lugging around my heavy hobo Dooney's.

Esteemed Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Vegan....no leather/animal cruelty.

Same here,only vegan, non-cruelty bags!  I have given up larger bags and now just use cross body.

My latest one is a floral Lily Bloom bag I got from TJ Maxx for $19.99, and I love it; it's the perfect size.

Honored Contributor

Seeing as how I live in Elderland I do see many ladies no longer carry leather bags as they get older because they are just too heavy. I see more Vera Bradley bags than any other brand down here and usually they are fairly small, and frequently carried crossbody - to eliminate the pull on arthritic shoulders and necks. This is a trend among us seniors. Many of the ladies who come to my sewing club now bring their project in a rolling bag so they don't have to carry it.

Respected Contributor

I like a small non-leather crossbody - about 10" x 8" with a zip top.