Esteemed Contributor

What’s the most $$ you would spend on a handbag?

I love a new handbag now and again and am curious; what is the most money you're comfortable with spending on it? 

Honored Contributor

Re: What’s the most $$ you would spend on a handbag?

We had this topic a couple of weeks ago.  For me $60 would be the top end, if that.  Baggallini is my favorite and I usually buy from the website when it has sales and/or free shipping.  For me, a handbag is not a "fashion" statement but purely functional.

Esteemed Contributor

I have spent $50 on a handbag, and would go up to $75-80 if it's one I wanted. I wouldn't spend more than $100, since I always look for sales.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

As little as possible.  Handbags just aren't a "thing" with me.   

Trusted Contributor

$400 for Dooney Florentine or Brahmin.

Esteemed Contributor

Under $200.00

Honored Contributor

When I was working and viewed my bags as accessories, my limit was $200 on sale, period.   Now that I've been retired 10 years, my lifestyle has become very casual and low profile, so the few handbags I've purchased are much smaller, lighter, and in the $100 and under price range.  

Honored Contributor

Depends:  Brand, expected life of bag, comfortable and fits my needs, etc.  I look at the overall value, not the $$ amount.  

Respected Contributor

I have gone well over a thousand. They hold their value, so you have nothing to lose.

Honored Contributor

I have spent $1500 and more on a handbag.  I would say most of my bags are at the $300 to $500 mark. I have a lot of bags, a whole lot.

I am now at the place where I don't need any more and haven't bought a new one in about five years...I don't intend to, but I have come close to buying a few times.

I have always liked bags and have carried one every day since I was around 10 years old....it was leather and not cheap.  I got it for Christmas.

I also had an alligator bag and matching shoes when I was maybe 8 years old. I started young.