Honored Contributor

Re: What's Happening with Oryany?

@RespectLife wrote:

QVC did me a favor when they changed the return policy to not refunding original shipping.  I needed to stop buying so many purses!  IT WORKED!

I refuse to purchase another bag from QVC risking $11.50 or more original shipping AND cost to return just to TRY and SEE it!

We all know you need to have the bag in your hands to decide if it will work!  LOL

I have several Oryany and like them all but it doesn't matter to me if they discontinue ALL handbags on Q.

I will not risk THAT amount of shipping on a return. 

Isn't that the truth... While I don't have much interest in the Q's array of bags and brands anyway... nor in their typical 'full retail' pricing, the 'try on' fee has definitely further limited my choice to purchase bags here. There are so many other venues for me to obtain bags that don't include about twelve dollars to ship and six dollars to return. That's almost twenty dollars I can allocate toward the actual cost of a bag or to allocate as I see fit !!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I wondered the same thing.  It seems the Q only sells Dooney stuff these days.....I'm tired of Dooney!

Yes! More variety is desperately needed. I love my Dooneys, but QVC is running that brand into the ground with over-exposure. Why isn't QVC showing a broader range of brands and choices in bags and in everything else? I assume it's  because they make deals with an increasingly limited number of vendors in which the vendor pays QVC for air time and whatever degree of exclusivity they all agree to. Who loses? First, we consumers, but that's ok because we can and do look elsewhere. Second, QVC because we stop watching. Third, the vendors because they are over-exposed, so the consumers' understanding of the true specialness of a brand like Dooney (or Kitchen Aid or whatever) is diminished. 

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

QVC did me a favor when they changed the return policy to not refunding original shipping.  I needed to stop buying so many purses!  IT WORKED!

I refuse to purchase another bag from QVC risking $11.50 or more original shipping AND cost to return just to TRY and SEE it!

We all know you need to have the bag in your hands to decide if it will work!  LOL

I have several Oryany and like them all but it doesn't matter to me if they discontinue ALL handbags on Q.

I will not risk THAT amount of shipping on a return. 

@RespectLife

Absolutely. Dooney's own site offers free shipping, but you have to pay to ship back. It is still better than QVC costs for the same bag. Even better, I sometimes find " new with tags" Dooneys on eBay. I just got half off on a perfect, brand-new Dooney "Cambridge" bag on eBay.

Respected Contributor

I don't know but Neiman Marcus last call seems to always have some at a great discount. I have 2 from there. 

Valued Contributor

Dooney is the best handbags out there!!!

Super Contributor

those bags are gonna end up in walmart just like kathy van zeeland's bags.

Valued Contributor

I agree tophat that is where orany bags belong.

Honored Contributor

@QuinnPenny wrote:

Dooney is the best handbags out there!!!

Different strokes... They're nice bags, but I wouldn't say they're the best bags out there... Even for mid-range bags, there are other brands I prefer. It's a personal choice...

Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

oryany at Walmart... No, I tend to doubt it... They are nothing like the KVZ pleather, over-blinged junque... oryany isn't among my favorite brands, but they do make nice leather bags. That they tend to over-design them with too many streamers and chunky hardware doesn't equate to them being either cheap or cheezy...

Honored Contributor

Ya, I don't agree with most of the comments in this thead. Oryany at Walmart? No I don't think so. Dooney the best ever, not IMO. And I do own Dooney bags. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval