Respected Contributor

What's Happening with Oryany?

I received an email today that the Oryany show has been cancelled, and I have not seen Bethany on with any new Oryanys in a while.  Is QVC discontinuing the line?

Honored Contributor

Re: What's Happening with Oryany?

I wondered the same thing.  It seems the Q only sells Dooney stuff these days.....I'm tired of Dooney!

Super Contributor

I have been worried about this for awhile now.  I am obsessed with this brand.  That being said, of the 75 + bags listed on the Q's website only 8 are regular priced.  All others are either clearance or "as is".  I am hoping they are making room for new and maybe not having shows dedicated strictly towards Oryany during their holiday sales season.  Bethani certainly hasn't hinted to any problems on her FB page.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that QVC isn't dumping another great quality brand...time will tell!

Trusted Contributor

I saw that the sarah which was just introduced earlier this year was suddenly only available in as is. I took a chance and ordered it in antique rose. I received a good one and I really love it! Hopefully they bring new styles next year.

Valued Contributor

I hope the Q is getting rid of Oranny. The bags stink and the lining is horrible, hope they will get some U.S. bags introduced on the Q.

Esteemed Contributor

@QuinnPenny wrote:

I hope the Q is getting rid of Oranny. The bags stink and the lining is horrible, hope they will get some U.S. bags introduced on the Q.

I have to agree about the smell....The last bag I got was the one with all the fringe and it had a strong foul smell. As much as I liked the style, it went right back.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

@QuinnPenny wrote:

I have to agree about the smell....The last bag I got was the one with all the fringe and it had a strong foul smell. As much as I liked the style, it went right back.

I think the leather feels spoingy.  Would never purchase another one. 

Trusted Contributor

@QuinnPenny wrote:

I have 3 of the bags. All have wonderful leather, and certainly no smell.  

I dont don't need more of the line, but, very happy with what I have. 

Honored Contributor

There was a post a while back that said they would be presenting some new bags from this line after the New Year and that the focus would be on spring and summer. Who knows if that was oryany's choice or whether QVC and their increasingly one trick pony approach to retail (in this case being all Dooney, all the time) opted, for whatever reason, not to try to sell anything from their fall and winter line, assuming they had one... I'm tired of all of QVC's handbag lines, not that there are many, and am especially tired of Aimee Kestenberg and Gili, their house brand. I really wish they'd bring in more brands and mix it up.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

QVC did me a favor when they changed the return policy to not refunding original shipping.  I needed to stop buying so many purses!  IT WORKED!

I refuse to purchase another bag from QVC risking $11.50 or more original shipping AND cost to return just to TRY and SEE it!

We all know you need to have the bag in your hands to decide if it will work!  LOL

I have several Oryany and like them all but it doesn't matter to me if they discontinue ALL handbags on Q.

I will not risk THAT amount of shipping on a return.