Trusted Contributor

Re: What is your very favorite that you have ever owned...

[ Edited ]

@Nonametoday,

A black caviar leather yellow gold Chanel medallion hand bag that my mother gave a few years ago. I think that is beautiful and it reminds me of her every time I wear it.🌻

Honored Contributor

@CHIP62 wrote:

@Nonametoday,

A black caviar leather yellow gold Chanel medallion hand bag that my mother gave a few years ago. I think that is beautiful and it reminds me of her every time I wear it.🌻

@CHIP62  If that were mine, it would also be my favorite. Nothing can ever take its place.

Honored Contributor

So many great bags.  I am just amazed at how many chose Dooney bags.  I like my D&Bs also but always thought maybe Frye or Coach would be the winners.  Let's keep going.

Respected Contributor

I bought a gorgeous Marino Orlandi Croco satchel at TJ Maxx and it is still my favorite bag. It is showing signs of wear, but I still love it.
Honored Contributor

@cosmic1 wrote:
I bought a gorgeous Marino Orlandi Croco satchel at TJ Maxx and it is still my favorite bag. It is showing signs of wear, but I still love it.

@cosmic1  What a great find! 

Valued Contributor

It's a tie. I had a mailbag in beautiful, soft suede that I bought in 1972 in Georgetown, MD in a boutique. It was hideously expensive for me at the time, but I wanted it so bad, and I cherished it for years until it just wore out. I have never had a bag I loved more than that until.............my first Dooney. I now have a lot of Dooneys and a Coach, but I have a soft spot for my first one:  A French blue zip zip. It's my current favorite.

Respected Contributor

Can’t name one. They are like my children, I love them all the same (wink, wink). 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would like to keep this going if others would care to confess.  I wish we had pictures of all the handbags through the years that we loved the most. 

I pulled an old Liz Claiborne handbag off the shelf today from the 1990s, I think.  I never used it much although it was a really good bag, solid oiled leather.  Every time I went into a store, an alarm went off and the bag was inspected, so after about 2 months of that, I put it in storage.

Today I pulled it out (I now know what makes that alarm and I removed the bothersome object which made people feel I was a shoplifter).  It is a really neat bag.  It looks almost brand new.  I looks as good as some of the high-priced bags on the market. 

I took it out for a drive today, picked up a friend who asked where I got it.  I told her I was shopping in the closet.  She commented that it looked very vintagey.  I agree.  I think I will put it back in cold storage or maybe EBay.

Regular Contributor

Probably the favorite bag or bags I have loved the most have been a Stone Mountain shoulder bag in supple leather (before they cheapened the leather they make now for their bags) and a bag I still own that I bought in the 1990s - an Italian brand named Polini. I still have that Polini and sometimes use it but it is way too big for me now. However, I have it sitting on the shelf in the closet and I still admire the leather and the design of this vintage bag. 

Esteemed Contributor

My favorite bag (and still is) Clever Carriage shoulder bag that has these braided leather side panels that are simply stunning. the braided should strapes are rounded and so comfy. The leather is so soft like butter. I just Love it.