Honored Contributor

Re: What is your favorite line of handbags if you have one that is?

I used to like D&B but they got too expensive and they were always too heavy. I have been buying Lug, but they just don't hold up for me, they look shabby in less than a year. I just bought a Vince Camuto tote bag in leather, so far I like it, we'll see. Actually, the only person I know who spends a lot of money on a handbag is my sister and that's one every few years.

Respected Contributor

I've owned a number of handbags. That number included Coach, Dooney, LV, Radley London, Michael Kors and whatever bag I liked. I only like certain Dooney lines, not all. Coach is my absolute favorite and if prices hadn't shifted upward, I would proably own more Coach. Currently, I have mostly the old classics, which have held up beautifully.

Respected Contributor

RADLEY LONDON.  Excelent quality bags!

Regular Contributor

My favorite leather bag is Vince Camuto

My favorite nylon bag is my Stone Mountain

Respected Contributor

Dooney and Bourke is my favorite brand for quality of the leather and construction and for styling and value.  Second favorite is Brahmin for it's styling and leather treatments.  Brahmin handbags are also well made.

Almost every brand has multiple lines,  at different price points,  using different material, and therefore different quality levels.  When comparing brands it's important to compare handbags at comparable price points if you want to asses quality differences.  Some brands even make special lines for their outlets at lower quality/price levels than their retail product line.

Personal style is also a big factor in choosing handbags... we each have different preferences:   buckles, tassles, studs, and other embellishment vs. clean lines, structured handbags vs. soft and smooshy,  handle carry vs. shoulder or crossbody,  size,  zipper closure vs. snap or open top,  outside pocket vs. clean look,  inside center zip compartment.  100% leather body and trim vs. a combination or use of man made materials through-out.  The list goes on and on.  Add to that how often we switch handbags and how much wear each handbag will get.

And let's not forget price point,  luxury status,  resale value (if that's important to you).

It's nice we have so many choices. 

New Contributor

I have to say Dooney and Bourke handbags are my favorites.

Contributor

Brahmin hand bags are great. I have one now that I have been carrying for three years and I have never changed it out and I have a closet full of other brands of purses.

Super Contributor

I have a Kate Spade little crossbody I liked for the summer.  However, I just purchased a new Coach bag and I love it...  looks and feels like it will last forever Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

used to be dooney but now they’re too heavy to carry.   My favorite brand now is Radley London.   Light as a feather and excellent quality.   

Super Contributor

Louis Vuitton......I carry two different “Neverfull” totes!