New Contributor

Celadon is a celery green glaze used on pottery in China

Honored Contributor

Re: What is Celadon...I know

When it comes to Dooney & Bourke, celadon is definitely teal! Hope this helps!

Respected Contributor

Their teal looks nothing at all like celadon.  Don't they ever research a color before they name it?  Celadon is a light clear celery green, was very popular some years ago (60's?).  Teal is teal.  

The joking about the color names is only confusing when you are trying to match the color you like with the correct name and actually order something!!

Occasional Contributor

mzlee I T A., I lived in Seoul Korea for 4/yrs. and have several pieces of Asian pottery  called Celedon, a celery green color so when I saw what Dooney called Celedon I couldn't believe it. The D&B Celedon is more Teal !!!!

Honored Contributor

I too pondered that color and it's naming all week-end.  It's definitely not what I think of as being celadon.  Can anyone who's seen it in person describe it please?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

When I first read here that Dooney was coming out with bags in celadon, I was excited because I thought it would be a light green.  No such luck!

Honored Contributor

I love Celadon green and was surprised at what I saw.... If it had been a true Celadon I would have jumped on one.... LOVE the true color, don't love the Teal.....

They name things totally off the wall with little research which just blows me away.  I don't pay any attention to what they call some colors anymore because both my TV and my computer screen are pretty true.... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Super Contributor

Does anyone know if the Teal will be coming back in stock.  Celadon is pretty but I really am looking to purchase the Teal.  It's a richer and darker color.