Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: What handbag are you carrying today?

I have never been anywhere near a LV handbag, and the most expensive handbags I own are 2 of the D&B Florentine leather satchel with pockets in black and natural (A239408...retail price of $448). I find the quality is superb and I'm grateful to have gotten these two bags at the QVC 'as is' price at the time a few years ago.

With that said, can someone explain to me what is the big difference in quality between a D&B and a LV other than the 'status' of having one....considering the prices are off my radar unless I win the lottery.

TIA Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise @stevieb @EdithEllenLily & others:

Why would anyone want to pay for a Louis Vuitton handbag? @Susan Louise asked.

Great question.

I created a handbag thread for you, because it was worth thoughtful answering, Why Some Love the Louis Vuitton Speedy Handbag

Honored Contributor

First off--I am not a handbag girl--I will not pay hundreds of $$ on a purse--just not a big deal to me. But I have been trying to find a good, 100% leather bag that I can wear as a shoulder bag or crossbody, that has organization inside and a few pockets on the outside. I wanted it to be soft and supple and have a wide strap that won't cut into my shoulders. And I don't want a suitcase size one either. So........went to Macys Sunday, and found a Fossil brand with ALL the above listed features---and the angles sang........it was originally $200, but on sale for $141--still too much for me. But then all the coupons and special offers kicked in and I walked out the door with my dream bag for-------------------------------------$78!!!!. Such a good deal. I will carry this for a very long time!!  I LOVE Macys!!!!!