Honored Contributor

Re: What handbag are you carrying today?

Well I should hope (and expect) @1Professor that the LV would be higher on your list than the LL, for heaven's sake...

Woman Wink

Wonderful bag... I love that print and have long wanted it in both this color and in the blue and cream choice, in either the Speedy 35 or the Artsy... maybe one of each... I have a 35 in the regular logo print from years ago before the longer strap option was, well, an option... Incidentally, I have a wallet that matches your bag, so if you like, send me the bag and then at least one of us will have a matching set...

Woman Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Suhse wrote:

That is a beautiful LV bag. ❤️

My Boss is a Huge LV, fan, I think she has 4 of them, although, only 2 are recent. Her Husband bought her the latest, when they were in Las Vegas, for their 25th wedding anniversary. 

She tells me, "don't buy mid priced bags, save that money, and you can have one". It's not working, so well 😳

I think your boss has the right idea... and wish I'd pursued that path before I started accumulating all these middle of the road bags I've got... I remember a few years back there was a poster here who had done just that and her bag collection, while not extensive, was fabulous... At the time, I decided it was probably too late for me to go that route but that I might try to anyway... But alas, I've faltered along the way and so I'm now stuck with an endless supply of nice-but-nothing-special bags and just a couple of truly nicer specimens...

Respected Contributor

@stevieb:

@stevieb wrote:

@Suhse wrote:

My Boss is a Huge LV, fan, I think she has 4 of them, although, only 2 are recent. Her Husband bought her the latest, when they were in Las Vegas, for their 25th wedding anniversary. 

She tells me, "don't buy mid priced bags, save that money, and you can have one". It's not working, so well 😳

I think your boss has the right idea... and wish I'd pursued that path before I started accumulating all these middle of the road bags I've got... I remember a few years back there was a poster here who had done just that and her bag collection, while not extensive, was fabulous... At the time, I decided it was probably too late for me to go that route but that I might try to anyway... But alas, I've faltered along the way and so I'm now stuck with an endless supply of nice-but-nothing-special bags and just a couple of truly nicer specimens...

It's not too late.

After my successful consignment of 6 bags to a luxe store, I've now got 6 more ready for next month.

This also helps me realize: (1) my tastes have {gasp} changed, and (2) owning a handbag, however lovely, that you never choose to wear is just wrong. I had far too many lovelies I never used; probably why this picky consignment store was delighted to get them (complete with original price tags). Mostly Dooney and Brahmin.

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Well I should hope (and expect) @1Professor that the LV would be higher on your list than the LL, for heaven's sake...

Woman Wink

Wonderful bag... I love that print and have long wanted it in both this color and in the blue and cream choice, in either the Speedy 35 or the Artsy... maybe one of each... I have a 35 in the regular logo print from years ago before the longer strap option was, well, an option... Incidentally, I have a wallet that matches your bag, so if you like, send me the bag and then at least one of us will have a matching set..

Woman Very Happy

@stevieb

Oooo, a damier wallet!

By the way, the Artsy was the other one I considered. 

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@stevieb:

@stevieb wrote:

@Suhse wrote:

It's not too late.

After my successful consignment of 6 bags to a luxe store, I've now got 6 more ready for next month.

This also helps me realize: (1) my tastes have {gasp} changed, and (2) owning a handbag, however lovely, that you never choose to wear is just wrong. I had far too many lovelies I never used; probably why this picky consignment store was delighted to get them (complete with original price tags). Mostly Dooney and Brahmin.

I definitely need to fine a nice consignment shop... I really wish the area in which I live were more navigable!!

Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@stevieb:

@stevieb wrote:

@Suhse wrote:

It's not too late.

@1Professor  Did you find there was a pattern on what bags/totes you never used, or used very infrequently that you purchased?

My tastes have changed too...partly due to my needs changing this past decade as I have gotten older (in my late 50's now). For example, I am prefering more functional-organized bags since I am getting tired of having to move around my fit over sunglasses all the time in bags with only a couple of side pockets inside.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Susan Louise

Any pattern? Good question.

I'm finding the most reliable standard for making it to the Consignment Pile is lack of use, for years. However, my color tastes are now more classic (Brahmin pecan, charcoals, bones) so even the purple bags are not getting chosen. I have simplified my purse contents into one excellent wallet (Brahmin tortoise), one excellent cosmetic case (Vuitton, light weight with compartments!), eyeglass case, pencil.

So my favorites the last two years, used a lot, are whimsy bags (most Patricia Nash, a Dooney Tinkerbell for Disney, a Coach with Woodstock, GILI camo) and classics (Brahmin pecan, Brahmin chive, Louise Vuitton in mono & now damier). Love my squishy hobos. My Vera Bradleys, in bright colors, are all supplements, acting as carryalls, NOT a purse.

*** However, I'm also decluttering my entire home contents: clothes, kitchen, shoes, books, linens. Read and been inspired by the quiet logic of the KonMari method. Tiny book, big impact:

51ItyE+LPZL.jpg

Respected Contributor

@stevieb:

Regarding your Speedy: I just found out that LV, after debuting the speedy bandouliere with cross-body detachable strap, SELLS THE STRAP SEPARATELY. We can hook it to early Speedy models! You can buy a strap in the leather (dark or light) that matches the bag or the pattern (mono or damier, for example). 

Just ordered a strap for my treasured Speedy 30, a limited edition Sprouse roses:

2_l.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Suhse wrote:

_________

Abbye, my Boss, and her Hubster, are both 58. Their financial goal, is to retire, at 60. They have 2 Daughters, and 4 Grandkids, that live in San Diego.  They plan to move down, on retirement. 

Between the the retirement thing, and the much higher cost of living, in San Diego, she said they'll be no more LV bags.  They're going to be downsizing over the next 2 years, and she said they plan, to try and live, as closely as they can, to what their retirement budget, will be. That way they can save money, and also get used to a tighter budget. 

She said that's also probably why, she couldn't talk Hubby into a piece of LV luggage, for the anniversary😈😈

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Suhse wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Suhse wrote:

_________

Abbye, my Boss, and her Hubster, are both 58. Their financial goal, is to retire, at 60. They have 2 Daughters, and 4 Grandkids, that live in San Diego.  They plan to move down, on retirement. 

Between the the retirement thing, and the much higher cost of living, in San Diego, she said they'll be no more LV bags.  They're going to be downsizing over the next 2 years, and she said they plan, to try and live, as closely as they can, to what their retirement budget, will be. That way they can save money, and also get used to a tighter budget. 

She said that's also probably why, she couldn't talk Hubby into a piece of LV luggage, for the anniversary😈😈

Well, at least those she has, she'll have for a lifetime... And good for her !! I'd love to have a vintage LV trunk for use in the house, but otherwise, not so much the luggage... I don't travel that widely these days to warrant it and honestly, I'd be afraid it would disappear... San Diego... ahhh, such beautiful weather...